Planet of the Titans U.S.S. Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by LordSarvain, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I'm with Blip regarding Bluefin and Sineus being pretty rad. Of the other two, I prefer the "John" over the "Oscar." I love the idea of a pair of warp engines in one integrated nacelle. That's a pretty cool idea.

--Alex

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Oscat would have a nice side view. The two nacelles are between the saucer and the sec hull closer to the center of gravity. John has a great saucer.

3. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well the Bluefin and Sineus are more developed because I'm going to build those out and texture them. The Oscar and John models are just going to be "concept" work for a development poster for the Edward Teller. Although, I do like that double warp engine on the John so I might try an experimental set up on a Constitution.

And speaking of the Edward Teller, got some more texture work done. Still trying to keep it subtle and yet have something there to break up the expanse of the primary hull. I'm going to add in some hatches here and there but I don't plan on any grid lines, at this time... I never really much cared for the view of the ship from the front, but this second pic here doesn't look half bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Nice... I'm liking the subtle details that pop when you get up close and personal. It keeps it clean and sleek looking from afar! Damned nice!

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Such a Pretty ship :) :techman:

6. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I like the positioning of the registry markings on the wings. Reminds me of the space shuttles.

--Alex

7. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Beautifull, especially that second rendering. Therefore, I suggest you to make the torp launcher integrated into the sec hull´s belly, under the deflector. The way it is now, looks like a kitbash, or like the feds just used this version as a testbed of a future weapon integration. ;)

8. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well a while back I did actually put the torpedo launchers inside the secondary hull but it just didn't do it for me. I guess I could try and give some curve to the launcher. I do like the look of it sticking out of the bottom though, and without it there, the secondary hull looks like it needs something there...

9. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's kind of styled like an automotive scoop, I think. Implies a bit of power for that slim engineering hull. But I agree that it's a bit prominent. Very Pontiac, if you will.

10. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

I believe that some curve can make it to look more... natural. :techman: The ship has elegant and smoothed lines, rounded in general. Just the torp is in the square direction, and it breaks the design flow. ;)

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

12. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

LordSarvain, your ship has a real Concorde vibe. :cool::bolian:

13. Science Officer

Science Officer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well put - just like Concorde, this design has a real beauty about it. It's nicely balanced and I like the white hull.

Can't wait to see this rendered in a proper space environment (i.e. Earth orbit).

S.O.

14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

15. GalacticWierdo

GalacticWierdo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

In my opinion, this design, and especially your rendition of it, is far more convincing than any other Federation-based ship in Star Trek lore, canon or otherwise. I can totally see this as a real ship some time in the future.

16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I actually like the dish. It seems out-of-place yet doesn't.

17. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

It's a kit based on those cardboard study models.

18. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Those phaser turrets look like the original cylons...

19. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Let's hope it won't be as disastrous as that one was.:rommie:

20. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Nerdgasm. Don't make the surface too busy and no windows. The Ent has electronic viewing ports, no window washers. It also had some sleek lines painted on. Check out Vector's designs. The reason why it was never used? GREED.. There's something seriously wrong with the universe if it's never used and you're not paid handsomely for your work with McQuarry's designs. Congrads. Different in this case is always better, especially with the deflector dish. Very nice touch. Much better.. the best of both worlds. It's much better with the curved pylons but the the saucer seems a little too flat and/or the space station is too cramped. The saucer head needs alot of space above it for no other reason than because it does. Either that or the saucer has to be bulkier or thicker. There were two phase two ships. A elongated version and a shorter one with stockier nacelles. You picked the one I always loved luckily and the better one - the longer one. Though the other one could still be used as a smaller model version. There was also the round saucer ship seen in All Good Things as the medical vessel that I liked alot. Ironically I think that can have alot of windows for some aesthetic reason, and please don't tell me aesthetics have nothing to do with it. Nice job.