Every Star Trek Blueprint in existence!?!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by sojourner, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

What happened to the Federation Ref series Aridas?

4. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you're referring to the web site, it's back up. Huzzah!

5. Jag2112

Jag2112 Commander Red Shirt

For those of you who haven't stopped by in a while, the Star Trek LCARS Blueprints dB site has been getting numerous new blueprint updates over the last few weeks - with more to come all summer long.

Click http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-updates.php for a list of the most recent updates.

Enjoy-

6. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral In Memoriam

In truth, I found that Saladin plans there pretty lacking. The details were off in many respects and there was a LOT changed just for the sake of changing it (NCC-700, for instance). It really need one more pass over from someone in order to be a truly excellent set... but didn't get it.

7. Vance

8. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

ooh ooh yeah a loknar sounds pretty good :) :)

9. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Are we ever going to see official blueprints of the Nu Enterprise in a book or poster, or something? I know we have very well done fan made versions, but they are not official. We seem to have orthographic views of all Enterprise ships, except this one. Does the new Star Trek team simply not understand that some fans like to have starship schematics?

It's been two years, and I'm starting to feel we might never see accurate schematics of this vessel.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  10. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

something about, "every time the team goes to the engine room for reference, they come out too inebriated to continue work."

11. Vance

That's because Abrams doesn't want them...

12. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, how dare we try to hold him to confirmed numbers.

No, he wants his Enterprise to be as dimensionally consistent as a TARDIS with a wonky chameleon circuit,

13. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

CRA - lemme throw this one on you...what if JJ comes out and admits that he made the E too big in the first film and decides to re-size it to something more scale accurate? Would you rank on him for having made the mistake in the first place or rank on him for admitting he was wrong and not sticking to his own continuity?

I mean, either way you're going to find fault with him, I'm just curious what direction you'd go in.

14. Captain Robert April

I think it all comes down to his being completely wrong to head up this project in the first place, due to his raging case of Star Wars envy.

15. Kagan

Kagan Commodore Commodore

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
    If I make a big enough puddle, maybe someone will get the hint

16. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Over the years I've seen a lot of schematics come down the pipe and candidly while the "official" publications are usually glossily polished in the long run quite a bit of fan made work has been more dedicated and more accurate.

For example unless there are studio drawings that have never seen the light of day it took certain fans to get decent drawings of the TOS Enterprise out there. And ditto with a lot of other Trek designs. To my recollection the David Kimble TMP blueprints were the first truly accurate drawings of onscreen ships that were officially released to the buying public. The Franz Joseph publications prior to that may have had something of an official stamp to them, but they were actually not very accurate to what was seen onscreen. I believe Mike McMaster may have done more accurate work during the '70s (Klingon Battle Cruiser, Romulan Bird of Prey and the Enterprise Bridge), but my timing may be off.

With the resources available to talented and devoted fans today I suspect there's little official sources can do better than said fans.

17. Jennifur Vultee

Jennifur Vultee Cadet Newbie

I think the ship is awful...just awful no matter what size and frankly I don't care what direction Abrams goes wether he admits stupidity of Star Trek or resizes it. I think for the next movie they should have Kirk, or better yet Spock, wake up in in quarters and realize the 2009 Star Trek film was a bad dream. :lol: At least that way they can do away with that gigantic flying catastrophy, undo undoing all of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek history and have a second try. In my eyes USS Kelvin was a much cooler design than the reimagined USS Edselprise. They could have easily updated the look of TOS Enterprise without making it butt ugly, out of proportion and out of scale.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  18. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And this is on topic how?

19. Captain Robert April

Well, not exactly on topic, but it is on-tangent...

20. Bill Morris

Bill Morris Commodore Commodore

I did some preliminary drawings for those, but about four months ago I somehow just stopped working on two other schematics that were almost done, stopped my daily watching of Trek, and haven't felt like getting back into it. I don't know why. I haven't seen that movie and don't want to complain about it. It's none of my business.