Heroes

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Vanyel, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

Is Heroes becoming The X-Men?

Syler and Peter's ability to duplicate the powers of other (Rogue and Mimic). Telepathy (Professor X, Jean), cold powers (Iceman), healing factor (Wolverine), I think there was a mutant who could control machinery but I'm not sure he was an X-Men, incredible speed (Northstar), seeing the future (Destiny) then there is Angela's sister . A future that looks like Day's of Future Past. All we need now are giant hunter robots.

Maybe I'm way late in coming to this conclusion. But it's becoming more obvious as the series continues. I want to see Peter becomes a Phoenix like creature or if Marvel sues.

End rant.

2. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Well, the hope I had from episode one of season one was that it would evolve into a more mature and realistic version of X-Men. But instead the show has wandered in circles with characters not really doing anything interesting or compelling.

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

No, it isn't, because that would be copyright infringement.

It's becoming more like the "Ythehellisn'tthisgoinganywherewhydidn'twehaveaplanwhatthehellarewedoingshutuptakethemoneyandrun-men".

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

If this was X-men than Wolverine would be every single episode.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Claire is the Wolverine and she's in almost every episode ;) I wish the show had become more like the X-Men, by which I mean that all the mutants band together in a single team for mutual security and go after the evil mutants. I don't understand why these people don't band together! Live together or die alone!

7. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

united we stand, divided we fall.

8. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Its a daytime soap opera with super-powers.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've already taken care of the Marvel problem by stunt-casting Stan Lee as a bus driver. Now everybody is friends.

We yak about this show in SF&F. Here's the most recent thread. It's only Saturday, it shouldn't have died yet! :( Don't tell me I killed it. Come argue about whether Chandra Suresh's backstory still makes sense and what you think about Claire's nasty wig!

I think Bryan Fuller has turned the show around (phew!) by returning the emotional core to the series. It was glaringly absent when he left to do Pushing Daisies and just became a show about people running around frantically and writers coming up with kewl plot twists to distract us from the hollowness of it all.

The characters are back to being in-character and the relationships make sense. Now what Fuller needs to concentrate on in S4 is the overall plotline. This show still has no actual plotline.

Sylar is their Wolverine. That guy is becoming a crutch.

They've got all the setup they need. The main characters have bonded so that being a "team" now feels natural (in S1 it would have felt forced). Sylar is the only evil mutant they need to go after - he's a threat to everyone's survival and more than a handful for all of them.

S4 should be about the gang deciding to finally attack the threat to them posed both by Sylar and the intolerant anti-mutant folks in the big bad gubmint. If this show gets an S5, then it can evolve beyond that. This show has spent the better part of two seasons chasing its tail so it still hasn't even begun to tap into the premise's potential. I just hope the ratings hold up well enough to let them.

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's like X-Men, presented by the CW.

11. Temis the Vorta

The Supernatural and Reaper CW, sure. Not the Gossip Girl CW.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Last Monday's episode was good but it was moslty a slow character episode and not action packed so there was bound to be less talk about it. There are only two episodes left this season so the action should pick up. If there is no interest in the season finale we have problems!:eek:

13. Temis the Vorta

I think the last two of the season should be very action packed. I'm just concerned that
    a character from S1 will get killed all permanent-like - the most likely are Angela or Mohinder and I don't want to see either of them go! And if it's Nathan, I will throw a fit! (PS, I've heard that Peter, Claire and Hiro are safe - no big surprise, no doubt the producers still consider them too popular with fans to sacrifice. And Ali Larter is also scheduled to return, but as who I do not know. Nor care. I wish she was the one buying it!)

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking more along the lines of what would happen to X-Men if the Smallville team got ahold of it.