NaNoWriMo 2011

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by RoJoHen, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yeah, I'm doing it, but I'm cheating by rewriting an old book of mine. It's over 10 years old, I think that's old enough to give it a full redo.

2. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

I'm kind of cheating myself. I've had this idea rattling around in my head for the past 5 years, maybe, and it's gone through many different versions. But I just recently came up with an idea that I'm very satisfied with that is going to require most of it to be rewritten.

I'm desperate to get this novel done. I have other story ideas that I would love to get to, but this one has been standing in the way. I can't seem to just let it go. It NEEDS to be finished.

3. Robert Maxwell

Maybe I should start a new "support" thread for those of us doing this?

4. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

Yeah, I have problems. I can never just lock into an idea. Every time I think of something to add or change, it's back to the beginning to start all over again. I've got notes for this thing dating back to 2007-2008.

5. Robert Maxwell

Is anyone still sticking with this? I'm almost to 22,000 words, so I'm a bit ahead.

6. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Still adding to the story every day. I'm posting about it elsewhere, though, since this thread is apparently happening two years ago.

7. Robert Maxwell

Where are you posting about it here? People were just bumping this thread so I'm continuing the confusing tradition. :p

8. Timewalker

On a completely different forum. I'm skeptical, to put it politely, about the person who claims he knows someone who managed the whole 50,000 words in a single day while producing a coherent story, but otherwise we're posting our updates, offering advice and encouragement to each other, and sharing useful links to resources. Name generators are really handy things.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I wrote two paragraphs on November 1st.

Then I stopped. :lol:

10. Timewalker

That's two paragraphs more than I've managed some years.

This time, though, I'm pleased to say that I've added to my word count every day and have easily passed my previous personal best.

It doesn't matter to me if I make it to 50,000. It's the journey that counts, and finding a story that I want to finish.