Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

No matter how bad Super mega force might be, this is at least something to look out for

Filming their own legend war scenes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Chris3123

^ Those are two of my favorite shots so far. BTW there are a bunch more photos of the various returning cast here.

A couple of my other favorites:

Lightspeed reunion
    [​IMG]

The two Jason F's
    [​IMG]

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I hardly recognize the Lightspeed cast members.

And I just realized that in the last photo two posts above, Tommy has given his dragon shield to the green Samurai guy whose name I've already forgotten. (Was it Mike?)

And I'm wondering why Tommy is back in Green Mighty Morphin' Ranger mode, when his most recent incarnation was the Black Dino Ranger. Yeah, sure, the real reason is nostalgia and which version is more popular, but is there a story reason?

5. Chris3123

I know what you mean. Sean Johnson in particular looks much older.

Yes.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any explanation.

I would like there to be some kind of explanation as to why SPD is there.

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe SPD just goes back in time again, because they know about the legend war but the details are lost in the future, so they know to go there but aren't sure about what will happen? Honestly, if its addressed, it will just be "We came back in time to help". I don't even remember if they talked about why the former Green SPD ranger was in Once a Ranger (I think they had a line about why he was SPD red now, but not how or why he came back in time).

7. Samurai8472

The Samurai Ranger and green ranger picture is most likely a candid moment

Tommy back as the green ranger is purely nostalgic.

He's supposed to use the ranger key's to change into the white ranger too

Jason David Frank with a special message from TMZ

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD5H6eVwfcU[/YT]

-Ten chosen rangers

-Jason David Frank not doing it for the money. He'd do it for a dollar for the fans

Saban probably paid him a dollar salary. Cheap skate.

8. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A couple of those Red Rangers look more like they should be celebrating the 30th or 35th anniversary of Power Rangers.
    :wtf:

9. Christopher

So is there a list of exactly which actors are confirmed as returning?

10. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

We already know it's more than ten.

Unless he's actually doing it for a dollar I call bullshit on that, Jason David Frank likes to talk and present himself as an super awesome guy who's doing it all for the fans but we all know he's doing it for money, to promote himself as a brand and because he loves attention. I don't blame him for that but he should be honest.

Jason David Frank – Tommy (Green MMPR)
    Selwyn Ward – T.J. (Blue Space)
    Patricia Ja Lee – Cassie (Pink Space)
    Danny Slavin – Leo (Red Lost Galaxy)
    Melody Perkins – Karone (Pink Lost Galaxy)
    Reggie Rolle – Damon (Green Lost Galaxy)
    Sean Johnson – Carter (Red Lightspeed Rescue )
    Alison MacInnis – Dana (Pink Lightspeed Rescue)
    Jason Faunt – Wes (Red Time Force)
    Hector David Jr – Mike (Green Samurai)
    Brittany Pirtle – Emily (Yellow Samurai)

The above appear in what appears to be the PR version of the Legend War.

Jason Smith - Casey (Red Jungle Fury)
    Aley Hartmen . Jayden (Red Samurai)

have been seen on set, they're technically not confirmed but it is very likely they'll appear (probably in different episodes than the legend war guys) and I'm sure there are more guest appearances we haven't heard of.

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umsc_Ml7u4[/yt]

Clips from the above show...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tlKY2WeQE[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ZJJ_rgLEA[/yt]

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They may never explain why all the Rangers ar there and why many of them have their powers after having specifically given them up, but it's hardly the first time... They never really explained why it was "only" the red Rangers in "Forever Red" selected for a special mission, for example.

[In my personal canon, Andros tells everyone that the Beetleborg generals had erected a forcefield on the Moon specifically meant to keep all Rangers out, but that Alpha had figured out a [TECH] way to let only red Rangers penetrate it. One call to the morphing grid later, everyone who'd been a red Ranger in the past was back in action much in the same way they did it later for "Once a Ranger".

Oh, and the forcefield also let them have air on the Moon. SO THE ROBOTS COULD WORK WITHOUT SPACESUITS. Yeah, that's it.]

Mark

13. Christopher

^They always had air on the Moon in Power Rangers. That's how Rita, Zedd, and Rito were able to drive around the Moon in an RV throughout Zeo. Not to mention that Rita/Zedd's castle on the Moon had that open balcony from the start. (Which raises the question of why the astronauts in "Day of the Dumpster" were in spacesuits. Well, maybe the first thing Rita did upon being freed was to magically create a Lunar atmosphere.)

14. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always figured it was their nonhuman nature that allowed them to "breathe" on the moon... Then again, the RV would need air for its engine, but the temperature on the moon would melt rubber tires...

Mark

15. Christopher

Well, we're totally overanalyzing a goofy, unrealistic show for kids... but without air, how did they hear each other talk? Telepathy? Implanted radios?

I have no trouble accepting that the Moon in the Rangerverse just plain has air. It's no more absurd than anything else in the franchise.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I just figured it always had air. Its had air since the beginning, and its jsut a universe thing. Then again, I seem to recall a ranger was once rescued from floating in space demorped and without a space suit, and he was just fine (I think it was the Magna Defender in Lost Galaxy, and Leo the red ranger saved him while he was just floating around in space, but I can't find a clip of it), so I just don't really think about what people can and can't do in space anymore when it comes to PR :lol:

17. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

it's interesting watching Linkara's History of Power Rangers, perhaps netflix has some eps...

18. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's all Megaranger's fault :P They had a scene of a kid being able to breathe in space, which PRIS then copied for "Carlos on Call"

[​IMG]

19. Samurai8472

Jason David Frank posted a video from New Zealand.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTK8sjFvz24[/YT]

20. Chris3123

Silver Ranger will be played by Cameron Jebo. Unfortunately he doesn't show up this year. We have to wait until Super Megaforce.

Speaking of, here's some stuff Saban showed of at the recent Licensing Expo. First, the logo:

[​IMG]

And an official poster, featuring the Silver Ranger:

[​IMG]

And the Rangers themselves (the suit actors anyway)

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06SBRxIzHc[/yt]

RangerCrew Blog