Inframan

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kirkman1987, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Has anyone seen this? It might be the greatest laugh riot B-movie I've ever seen. Seriously, this is as good as Death Wish 3 and Troll 2. The movie is almost nonstop action and is never boring.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QXP0LVnd3k[/yt]

I saw this on the big screen a month or so back and just watched it again on dvd. I have a friend who loves the film now, it actually made his day after he had just broken up with his girlfriend. Highly recommended.

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Princess Dragon Mom! :guffaw:

(Although the brainwashing scene still gave me chills, even at that age.)

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

It's a really stupid movie but also a lot of fun. The American dubbing is hilariously bad.

RAMA

5. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's brilliant. It's a shame the Shaw Bros. only did this one Superhero movie.

But the Chinese (and other Asian countries) did some nice jobs using action and fx scenes from Japanese TV shows like Kamen Rider or Mach Baron to make their own movie versions and then selling those to European countries. We in Germany have some of those, especially "Roboter der Sterne" is a real joyride. But the German dub is an important part of it, since they obviously had some fun making up new dialogue.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

7. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I can remember seeing this in the theater back in 76, it was double billed with some car chase movie I can barely recall. The only scene I clearly remember from the car movie is a guy is going to jump a missing section of highway overpass and a guitar neck is stuck under the gas pedal so he doesnt make it.(any help with the title of that would be appreciated.)
    Inframan on the other hand I enjoyed a whole lot and even have the DVD. Looks like that will get a rewatch very soon.

8. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The trailer narrated as it is, you can tell the distributors were hoping to to bring in some of the audience of "The Six Million Dollar Man". As a kid of 13 years, I assumed the makers of the films were trying to cash in on Steve Austin's popularity. It never occurred that was just a ploy by distributors (who had nothing to do with the making of the movie) trying to "sell" it to American movie goers. As a kid, I just couldn't figure how this was anything like 6MDM.

I didn't see it until this last decade when some friends bought it as a reduced price bin VHS. I was not yet familiar with "Mystery Science Theater 3000", but in retrospect, my friends and I "riffed" that flick to shreds! (I'm sure we were nowhere near as witty as Joel, Mike and the 'Bots, but I do know I laughed until I nearly puked!)

Sincerely,

Bill