Women, throw away your bra

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

Rest of story here

I think finding a good, comfortable bra an almost impossible task.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love bras. I will never give them up. I have quite a few that are so comfortable you never feel them while still looking great under clothes. If I find one I think is fantastic I go back and buy 5. As to sagging, time and pregnancy does that to most women (who choose to have children). I've wondered though how much sagging do you get with age if you never have children and never become overweight?

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I'm so sick of my boobs. Always in the way, always ruining everything. I've found one decent sports bra but it's expensive so I often just double up with cheaper ones.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ruining everything?

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Definitely not inclined to give up my bras. For one thing, I don't have to worry about embarrassing shirt issues, if you know what I mean.

6. not

not Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought BS when I heard about the study's conclusion but I haven't read it. It occurred to me that it may be true for small breasts but most women would never run without a sport bra. I don’t know how any athletic woman can believe it.

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That article also says that, for women who have been wearing bras for a long time, it is NOT recommended to give up wearing a bra. I am one of those women, so no thanks; I'll stick with the bra.

There isn't a chance in hell that I would unleash the twins on the general public.
    *shudder*
    The horror...

8. not

Kinda cool if this remains a female thread

9. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can't find a comfortable bra? I was surprised that Victoria's Secrets really are as comfortable as they are. While I'm at the upper end, number-wise, there are "right" styles and "wrong" styles for me. Hubby has been the one insisting on me going there, once we found out that they DO fit me, to the point that I've said NO MORE! My dresser drawer is full.

10. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd rather drop my pants than my bra.

Pants are the spawn of satan.

11. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the board, not :) LOL I think this thread will sooner or later offer more info than the males of the species can endure with their delicate nerves and they'll back off *snicker*

I hardly ever wear a bra. I would like to wear one for running/jogging, but it's easier to find a cow that can knit than to find a decent sports bra in a size 90 D (GB 40D, US 40C, AUS/NZ 18C). (Btw, here's a good bra size converter: http://www.85b.org/bra_conv.php )

I can confirm that breasts don't sag much if you never wear a bra. Being close to 50 gravity is starting to take its toll, but compared to others at this age I'm still in better shape (literally).

Another bra problem that the industry ignores completely is the fact that almost all women are not precisely symmetrical. Why can't the manufacturers make bras with different cup sizes?!

12. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Skin still loses elasticity and breasts lose density and volume with age. So they still sag.

I never had kids and was never overweight. And I went braless for the most part into my 30s.

I'll still go braless at home, but wouldn't out in public.

13. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

VS doesn't have anything for the lower end of the numbers...

I ended up having to go to a specialty shop. It was amazing. Instead of being a 32A, it turns out I'm a 28C.

It's actually nice to have bras that fit. Finally. It's only taken me to age 56 to find 'em. :p

14. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

One advantage of this long winter is I can get away with not wearing a bra for longer. I rarely wear a bra when I have several layers of clothes on. Except when I'm skiing- then I need the support.

15. not

I've heard of woman with this issue. I would take apart a bra's padding that are formed like cups and double-pad a bra. The cups come out in the wash anyway and I never get around to putting them back in -I'm not sure how tricky it is.

Thanks for the welcome :)

16. mari

mari Captain Captain

My size (bra and in general) has gone up and down and in every other direction so many times in the past 20 years it might be easier (and cheaper) to give up bras, but... no. I couldn't take the chafing. I imagine that would be a problem at any age and most sizes.

The problem I run into (and my sister as well) is being narrow around the ribcage, but with rather large boobs - a 32 or 34 D/DD is hard to find anywhere, never mind cute ones. I've gotten lucky at Frederick's of Hollywood. My sister, while nursing, topped out at 34I. Even for a nursing bra it was impossible to find one anywhere but online. Other sister is a 30AA and has even more trouble finding something that will fit (she wears them for the padding, of course).

17. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I don't need any, but this is so much better than any of the underwear threads I started.

18. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

[​IMG]

19. not

Poor guy. He doesn't know about the secret meeting we had and the consequences ;-)

20. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

The probem I have with bras is that I broke my collarbone when I was 17 and it healed with a bump. I find that bra straps either won't stay on that shoulder or they chaff me badly. I have tried strapless bras but it is hard to find one that is suitable for a big busted woman like me.