Spawn of Janeway

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Jun 10, 2011.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Inspired by an episode of Fringe a few weeks ago, it's occurred to me that, ignoring the silliness of "Threshold" for second, we never saw Janeway have a child. Not in any of Voyager's alternate futures or in dream worlds or even using bizarre sci-fi magicks. We saw a Picard family in "The Inner Light", Troi had a baby in "The Child", Data had a daughter in "The Offspring", the DS9 crew begat a small colony in that episode whose name eludes me and Trip and T'Pol have baby Elizabeth in "Demons"/"Terra Prime". In the novels, Spock had a son named Zar ("Yesterday's Son"/"Time for Yesterday"), Old Kirk had hermaphrodite human/Romulan/Klingon uberchild Joseph in the Totality trilogy, Troi/Riker have a kid in the Titan series and Picard/Bevery have a son in the ongoing TNG books (whom we meet all grown up in "The Needs of the Many")... but where's Janeway's kid?

Does anyone else think an episode where Janeway was confronted with her (for example) time-displaced kid would have been interesting?

2. KDoug

KDoug Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sure would! :bolian: In fact, merely establishing who the father is/would be could have some character-defining results. Would it be Chakotay? Paris? Kim? Tuvok? Mark? CAREY? :cardie:

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Everyone knows it would be Captain James T. Kirk thanks to Janeway's time travelling tendencies.

4. Sadara

Sadara Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In fact that thread is a few doors down. :P And an epic child she would be.

5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Duh...she had three lizard babies, remember?

Any kid of hers should've been Chak's. Had the writers written (been allowed to write) about the characters, we might've seen decisions and consequences. Stupid studio men with no f**king understanding of ST.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I vote she has 7's baby via the magicks of future reproductive tech. They could even grow the baby in sickbay so as to be unhampered in their duties by pregnancy. I'm sure they could both be wired up to the baby during their sleep/regeneration cycles so the baby got all that in-the-womb goodness from both of them.

The baby would be a girl of course and they would name her Molly after Janeway's dog because they knew she would have beautiful auburn locks, just like the dog. 7 would press Janeway to give her Zero as a middle name to hearken back to 7's heritage and several episodes would be spent in background badinage (I learned that word from Babylon 5) about what the middle name should be, it would be incredibly sweet.

Janeway has to run the ship so 7 does most of the mothering as a further exploration of her humanity and a way of working out the demons of her own loss of parents. The Doctor frequently offers advice but having seen the Doctor's version of family life 7 declines, finally understanding that chaos can bring growth as well as order. Every night Janeway comes back to her quarters and has a hearty meal replicated by 7, they chat about their days as Janeway holds Molly and sometimes she is so tired she even falls asleep with Molly on her chest. 7 covers them both with an afghan and gazes out the window at the stars as her beloved collective slumbers.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  7. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Duh? :confused:

8. Sadara

I'm not really a J/7 shipper. I say Kirk/Janeway spawn or Chako/Janeway spawn.

9. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

In the timeline from "Myriad Universes: Places of Exile", Janeway ends up with a daughter. So Janeway does get to be a breeder in at least one story. :)

10. HoneyBLilly

HoneyBLilly Commodore Commodore

And it was Chakotay's and her name was Shannon after her ancestor.

11. Sadara

Which specific book was it?

12. HoneyBLilly

Infinity's Prism

13. Sadara

Thanks. J/C spawn would be awesome.

14. HoneyBLilly

J/C anything would have been awesome. :lol:

Especially since I owe my mom $100 still, I owed her in all $500

15. F. King Daniel

Thanks! I didn't know that.

...which I passed up on when I saw it on eBay a couple of weeks ago *facepalm*

16. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oops! My bad! :). Didn't read that part.

17. F. King Daniel

Don't worry, I do it all the time:)

18. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I vote that in the future she gets a sex change then comes back to the past, impregnates herself, and fathers her own baby.

19. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    *brain explodes*

Well, now that you've said it, Rule 34 will automatically generate a fanfic based on this premise.

20. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I actually pinched the idea from a Heinlein short story. If anyone in the Trekverse could do it, it'd be Janeway.