What Are You Wearing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you. It is definitely awesome!

I'm sure it would. :lol:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ways to get bigger boobs:

Eat too much.

Get pg.

3. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Works for men too. ;)

4. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I have pretty much no ass. Which makes some pants an issue or interesting to wear.

Correct me if I'm wrong but eating too much is just not viable for tsq what with her type 1 diabetes.

And I know this is a specific issue and not really related to body image, but I've said it before: tsq, your boobs are fine.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes because that was real advice.

6. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Obviously not a medical issue (and I feel kinda silly complaining about it compared to major troubles like illnesses or injuries) but as a man being 5'3" can be a real pain in the ass when you shop for clothes.

I would have much luck browsing into the kid's department, but the presence of Mickey Mouse's face on my suits would seriously cramp my style, I fear. :lol:

By the way, today it's khaki shirt, stonewashed blue jeans, and beige sneakers. Kinda blah, but this morning I didn't feel like thinking about it too much. I guess sleeping 4 hours might be related to that. This evening I will probably attend another work-related social event, so I might try something a bit smarter.

7. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

You underestimate my motivation to compliment tsq.

8. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Boob talk aside, today for a change I have a green T shirt with designer logo, dark blue chinos and belt, socks and black boots, green hoodie (a birthday present) and the usual bag. The streets got hit pretty bad. :D

9. mari

mari Captain Captain

I am currently wearing dark gray dress pants, an aqua peasant blouse (the color is like this guy: :guffaw:), black-and-white striped trouser socks and gray clogs. I didn't bring a jacket today so hopefully the warm weather holds til I get home. New England... very unpredictable... I should know better. :)

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I just realized I'm actually wearing clothes! I got this shirt on:

[​IMG]http://i.imgur.com/j6cLGy7.jpg

But with some patched and slightly worn jeans. Those shorts in the pic are airy, but damn they are not the best looking thing ever...

11. IzzyAtWarp9

IzzyAtWarp9 Commander Red Shirt

12. iguana_tonante

Today the wind was kinda chilly, so I took out my classic Levi's denim jacket. I think it's at least 15 years old, give or take. Still awesome. (And it still fits! Yay!)

13. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Iguana, we're the same height. Once I lose weight, we can share clothes! ;) :lol:

Oh, I guess I should add... jeans, black tee, black mary-janes (Earth Shoes -- those things with the slightly negative heels) with leopard print socks, black bag, silver earrings, vintage turquoise necklace.

14. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Today, it's a blue and grey striped polo shirt and jeans.

15. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

T-shirt, shorts, socks... my usual attire lately when home alone. When I was out earlier, a different shirt and jeans.

16. iguana_tonante

I'd look smashing in leopard print.

17. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

^I saw a charcoal grey leopard print dress that I'm dying for. And I bet a guy could actually pull of a subtle grey leopard shirt under a suit if he was feeling flashy.

I'm 5'3" too, so add another gal who can share your wardrobe! It's actually kind of an awkward height for a woman as well; I find I'm generally too short for regular sizes and too tall for petite sizes. Though on the plus side, it means I can shop both in regular and petite sections, which gives me a lot of options. I've definitely found this a bonus when shops don't have a skirt or dress I want in my size: if they don't have a 4 or a 6 I can fit in a 6 or an 8 petite. I wish I could just afford to have everything custom made, though!

18. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

A purple T-shirt this time. The rest pretty much goes without saying, really.

19. iguana_tonante

Don't tempt me. :lol:

I hear you, sis. I have a couple made-to-measure suits and jackets, and they fit well, but I wish I had it in me to splurge in some bespoke suits. But unfortunately, with a meager scientist's salary, the best I can do is keep practicing Hans Gruber's lines. :D

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  20. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I bet a couple darts at the top would do; that way the a-line is intact - it's very cute!

Best post so far! I can only wish. . .

Casual Friday, long sleeved white tee with little rosettes at the neckline, long swingy black vest, black skniny jeans and one of several pairs of black boots. I like to switch out a diff pair every day - I'm a little obssessed with black boots!