Who would you like to portray the 12th doctor?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Green Lantern, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jason Statham
    Eamonn Walker
    Damian Lewis
    Craig Ferguson

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Well as a colonial I'm not familar enough with the non-star-level UK actors to hazard an opinion outside the big obvious names already mentioned here [and which I'd say there's zero chance we'll get lol]... but in general terms I'd like an actor older than Smith and Tennant but still possessing at least most of the physical energy they present. I think the kinetic nature of 10 and 11 shouldn't be abandoned...

Statham would be an interesting flashback to 9's style, but can he act anywhere near well enough for this role?

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

To be honest, it wouldn't have to be her - her character has The Doctors DNA - she could easily have regenerated.

The Whoniverse seems to be collecting spare Doctors - Tenants half human incarnation is still around in an alternate reality, at least for the next few weeks.

I wonder if that reality (previously Doctorless) could be the Cushing movie reality, that Doctor having failed to regenerate along the way ? I can imagine a Tardis materialising in front of Tenant '2' and an aged dying Baker or Davison tumbling out...

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

A bittersweet last Doctor would be the only American who could pull off the role--
    Gene Wilder.

He already played a Time Lord as Willy Wonka--right down to his Wonkavator Tardis
    I love Johnny Depp, but Wilder would be my choice.

In the last scene, I see the light atop the Tardis light up, and it and the roof only disappears.

The four walls of the Tardis fall away like petals. It was always just an empty box. They fade from view as they fall.

Lastly, just the square pedestal of the Tardis reamins.

On it is a single word:

GOODBYE

roll credits

5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Another interesting flashback to 9's style would be Idris Elba, and I think he could contain the kinetic energy that Smith and Tennant do too. Would e the perfect mix.
    That'd be quite a good way for the doctor to die. I'd want a Brit to be the last doctor though. Really I think at the end of the day doctor who is a British thing, to deliberately have an American one wouldn't really gel well with a lot of Brits. I'm not saying completely avoid an actor if he's American, I'm saying don't go for an American actor for the sake of him being American. It would also make sense for the American actor to put on a British accent too. David Tennant is Scottish, but he put on an English accent and Scotland's in Britain, so why shouldn't an American do the same?

For the final doctor, I'd like just a good standard doctor. No female doctors or any nonsense like that.

What I'd do foe the thirteenth doctors dying episode is basically do what you suggested, but a nice moment that'd make the moment even sadder would be that the doctor is on an alien planet, but he has his companion with him, so she'd (or he'd) be stranded there.

But eventually, I'd bring the doctor back for his fourteenth incarnation. Maybe before the thirteenth doctor dies I'd have the timelords resurrected, and they've brought him back to help them as there's another time war, and the 14th doctors first series would be all about preventing this new time war. The doctor would also try and bring his companion back home as he feels like he owes her. That way, they could continue with the series, and there could be up to 26 doctors now instead of just 13. Or maybe the timelords would just give him about three new lives. After all, we can't really go for 100 doctors now can we?

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

He's currently tied up on Elementary right now, but it just hit me tonight that Johnny Lee Miller would make (I think) a good Doctor.

He could even maintain his persona he has on Elementary, he's a very eccentric type who exhibits many of the Doctor's personality traits. I would however have him shave and put on a more fitting outfit.

7. Captain Nebula

Captain Nebula Commander Red Shirt

Brilliant!

8. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I'd like an older Doctor again, someone like Robert Glenister.

9. Green Lantern

Never heard of Johnny Lee Miller.

10. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

He's the one that's not Ewan McGregor:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnAR2qB24yQ[/yt]

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Anything from this millenium? :p

12. The Mirrorball Man

Haven't we mentioned Elementary? I'm pretty sure we have.

13. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    a female doctor would be cool. I think Emma Watson would be a good choice.

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't do that well, I just thought that was a funny clip to show someone who didn't know who he was and in relation to his potential casting as the 12th Doctor.

15. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Frontios, Mawdryn Undead, Caves of Androzani, Enlightenment, Earthshock, Kinda, Snakedance and Warriors of the Deep (Certainly memorable!).

Great and memorable era.

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Gosh maybe he's on the TV show I mentioned twice in my post. You know, just a guess.

17. Green Lantern

lol.

For the record, I've never heard of the show either. :P

18. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

You're on the internet. It would have taken you five minutes to Google him and look at his pictures and filmography.

19. The Mirrorball Man

Actually, for the record, yes you have. It happened in this thread.

lol.

20. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

It takes you five minutes to google something?! Damn, your connection's slow.