Braga: "Archer was supposed to be Future Guy"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Michael, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

This. Except for the getting up part.

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, this is ridiculous. Claim for years that there was no solid answer, a very vague one at best, and then all of the sudden, when no one even cares anymore claim to finally reveal the plan that you had all along? :rolleyes:

Christopher gave us the identity of Future Guy. Braga needs to go away and leave us alone.

3. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Braga's full of it. Here's the real Future Guy:

[​IMG]

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

He already did that when he wrote TATV.:borg:

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love all the denial there is about the concept. Given Braga's history of dud bombshells in the Trekverse, I actually could believe they could stoop to this and that they thought it was an awesome idea.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

It might have been an awesome idea if they had written Future Guy with that in mind. Archer is so pedestrian though that I think this would have to be Archer having lived an extra few hundred years in some very different environment to make him into that person.

Unless you think Archer could end up like Captain Braxton after going mad because Porthos is murdered?

7. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I believe this. ^

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Frankly, this is inspired - the only reveal that would have been at all interesting or surprising.

9. Melakon

It would fit Brannon's love of mindf#ck stories.

10. teacake

You mean his love of terrible mindf#ck stories.

11. Melakon

I never said they were good.

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Not better than no TCW at all, it ain't. :scream:

13. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Captain Robau was future guy..................and he didn't need a time machine.

14. st.barthgirl

st.barthgirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

Funny~ i always thought 'future guy' was a woman.

From watching the series- not because of casting or novels...

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

old Archer is interesting, but what if it was young Archer from the pilot, annoyed by how his future turned out.

Archer was supposed to die in season one, so there can't have been an old Archer until after he saved himself even though he didn't exist enough to save himself.

16. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

:lol::lol: No way!

17. teacake

When was Archer supposed to die in Season One? Who was going to be the Captain?

It should have been Erika. ERIKA.

18. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Captain T'Po'ls Boobs. The pips would be very suggestively placed.

19. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

So if Archer was supposed to be Future Guy, why did Braga wait seven years after the show had been cancelled to reveal this? Was it some super secret that he was under contract not to reveal?

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cold Front s01e11.

According to Daniels, Enterprise was supposed to explode in a an accident in the episode and every one dies. Enterprise plays no part in forging the federation in the original timeline and Archer plays no part in forging the Federation in the original time line either.

Future guy positions the Silik, leader of the Xindi, to stop the first warp 5 engine from blowing up after it reacted badly to a local stellar anomaly spoofing.

Future Guy saved Archer.

This pissed off Daniels.

After Daniels got his end around and stopped the Xindi threat from continuing to save Enterprise from its predetermined expiration which was fucking up Captain Daniel's timeline, he would have rolled back time and destroyed Enterprise... Unfortunately Silik, or the crazy events of that day, topped Daniels before he could save the future from this impossible meddling kicking his 31st century homeland off kilter.

Archer was so stupid that he decided to help Daniels rather than Silik because he was massively pig ignorant about who his friends were and who his enemies were not.

(The later appearances of Daniels, was a different guy who came from a timeline where Enterprise was not done blown up.)

I suppose it's possible that old Archer could exist as a potential life form in the future if time was forced upside down inside temporal forcefields that are resistant to changes in the timeline, where he became more real after he shielded himself and then became furiously aware as to how nearly impossible his existence was given the facts of the most dominating histories running up and down the universe and Old Archer would have had no choice but to open a front in the temporal cold war to ensure his existence!