"Star Trek: Phase II" Enterprise

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2008.

1. Vinkula

Vinkula Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nice work! I like all your pictures :)

2. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral In Memoriam

As envisioned, Kirk would be captain for the first 13 episodes, grooming Decker to take the center seat afterward. Shatner would then be hired on as a recurring Commodore or Admiral for a handful of episodes per season.

The long term goal would be, in fact, to replace most of the expensive established cast members with cheaper newcomers as the series progressed.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i could see that happening too and id still watch it :) :techman:

4. Gunner68

Gunner68 Cadet Newbie

Dennis, did you ever post the mesh at foundation3d? I couldn't find it there...
    Thanks!

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I haven't released the mesh.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I had an idea here about the Brick Price miniature (hopefully) becoming finished and how it might be used:
    Episode 116 Trek to the future
    http://www.syfy.com/hollywoodtreasure/e ... the_future
    More discussion here
    http://www.therpf.com/f47/anyone-catch- ... re-118067/

I cannot help but remember what happened to the starfighter that Erin Gray allowed to half melt near her vent. That mold does not need be be left outdoors in those hot steel containers. I loved the real space work--and noted the Long March 3 LV, the unused model from 2010--as well as the Ares V model in the new Green Lantern Movie BTW (Brick's also?)

In some respects this is THE Phase II. Minors version became Quindar, then Constitution II (Brick's) and lastly, Tikopai (Cover of Starlog's Spaceships--to SouthBend Electronic Enterprise.)

Here was an idea for the use of the Brick Price Phase II

Now, we are seeing the Phase II stories come to life now here http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/
    Here is a way to raise things up a notch. Have motion control if anyone still knows how to do that, and shoot a finished model with some grainy filmstock if possible. Here the episode would be In Thy Image (The God Thing)

But wait you say, that was ST:TMP. Well, wait awhile. First you film it stock, as originally intended by Alan Dean Foster or close enough. But here is the kicker. You have James Cawley play Decker, but Stephen Collins plays Kirk if it can be worked into the script. The first you see of James, he ridges an eyebrow, as if to say--there is something wrong. During an intermission perhaps, you have some blue ray of his character, super clear--in bed, with a different uniform on the wall.

Roles have been reversed, and he forgets his dream. The last we see, TOS Enterprise heads into Spacedock, and the music not picked for ST: TMP is played, and Scotty holds a drawing of the refit--but it is Probert's.

This, as well as kirk's obsession, helps explain why he HAD to be back on board in ST: TMP. A dim memory of fighting this relic of an unknown species, the Vegan Tyranny, the Borg, or the unseen aliens from this episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Stop

So you do The Menagerie story envelope treatment of In Thy Image, yet give it a new, Dr. Who type twist.

In the last New Voyages episode, you see Collins again, this time in a time travel episode. He plays a policeman visited by Kirk and Spock in the 20th Century--a man by the name of Gene.

PS According to wiki--about STTMP "Art director Richard Taylor wanted to completely redesign the ship."

I wonder what it would have been.

More conventional
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=art ... 7B&first=0
    http://federationreference.prophpbb.com/post11265.html#p11265

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^I never know what the hell you're talking about.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

None of those links lead anywhere that makes sense.

9. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Only 2 of the links don't work for me, but the thread does make some of Guy Gardners stuff seem really coherent :lol:

10. Admiral Buzzkill

The RPF link "works" but just takes me to the front page of the BBS - nothing specifically relevant to this discussion. The Bing link is similarly pointless.

11. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

How odd – I clicked the RPF link yesterday and I recall it worked. It was utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand, but it did work.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

It works to take you to the front page of the RPF BBS, at least that's what it does when I click it.

13. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I mean it worked to take me to the "Hollywood Treasures" thread in question, not that it redirected to the homepage, which it did this time.

14. Maverisms

Maverisms Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

15. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

16. ACE

ACE Lieutenant Red Shirt

Richard Edlund designed the Star Trek title font. He was working with Joe Westheimer at the time at his facility over on Seward, where most of the planets and some of the transporter and various other effects were produced.

17. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

^^ The TOS title font? Richard Edlund of ILM/Boss Films fame?

I'll be darned ...

18. Admiral Buzzkill

19. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Like, Star Wars / Die Hard Richard Edlund?

20. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral