What is your favorite Star Trek uniform?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RyuRoots, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Which Starfleet uniform do you enjoy the most?

1. TOS TV Show Uniform

33 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. TOS: TMP Uniform

15 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. TOS Movies 2-6 Uniform

74 vote(s)
    24.9%
  4. Early TNG Uniform

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  5. TNG Season 3-7 Uniform

23 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Early DS9/Generations Uniform

16 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. Late DS9/First Contact-Nemesis Uniform

107 vote(s)
    36.0%
  8. ST: Enterprise Uniform

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've long been of the opinion that the black/gray ones introduced in First Contact are the best, no contest and I think they're magnificent science fiction uniforms in general. But I'm curious what other people think. Between TOS, and TNG/DS9/Voyager, there are 7 uniform styles. And then there's the ones from ST: Enterprise. That's a good few, and I wonder what people find nicest to look at.

2. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TNG Seasons 3 -7:techman:

3. Xerxes1979

Xerxes1979 Captain Captain

I assume you are referring to ALL uniforms? Grey vests are sweet but I don't care for late 24th century formal dress at all.

Put me down as a TNG 3-7 fan.

4. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

I'm an Early DS9/Generations/Voyager uniform fan.

5. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Indeed, the question is one's favorite among all the Starfleet uniforms we've seen onscreen. And I see now that I should've put /Voyager in the poll option, but bah. Close enough.

And Xerxes1979, I know what you mean. The dress uniform is a little...ostentatious, especially for the captain. But the captain's vest and the look of the normal uni win me over.

6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I chose the ST 2 - 6 movie uniforms, but truthfully, the First Contact uniforms were a close second. Even now, my opinion is vascilating between the two.

And, yes, for women, the TOS miniskirts is the absolute winner. But that's my fetish.

7. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's the point of a dress uniform. And it's pretty toned down compared to many modern dress uniforms; with the lack of shiny buttons, epaulets, campaign ribbons, medals, dress cap, etc.

Funny thing is: The TWOK uniforms always struck me as more appropriate dress uniforms. I wouldn't want to wear it while I'm flying a shuttle or fixing stuff in a jefferies tube.

8. sbk1234

On that same note, it's interesting to note that in the Federation Council, at their own trial, none of the Enterprise officers - to say nothing of the other officers in attendance - seemed to wear any kind of a dress uniform. The closest we got was in TUC when some of the admirals at the meeting wore what appeared to be service ribbons.

9. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The First Contact unis. Very sleek and stylish, with several equally cool variants. I really like the dress uniform, it's very classy.

11. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I chose TNG 3-7, but more specifically Picard's leather jacket over grey shirt that he wore a few times
    also his vest that I think he wore in FC

12. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always loved the ST:2-6 uniforms...but yeah, I always kinda imagined them to be the dress uniform (the crew always was in for no apparent reason)...and there was a standard duty uniform that we just never saw....

(And we should have seen a REAL intermediary uniform/s between the TOS-movie & TNG series! I think something even *like* that collarless jacket would have worked - but as a shirt/tunic with the TNG colors instead.)

To be honest, I think the TMP uniforms make the most sense...and there was a lot of variety in the styles -- I just hated the color pallet... In the TNG cast episode of family guy, there was a dude sitting next to Stewie at the Trek convention who was wearing a TMP-style uniform but with *red* color...I thought it looked pretty cool. (I'll try to hunt up a pic somewhere...)

I think that the ENT uniforms looked pretty believable and practical for their time period (probably the most realistic of them all, actually!)

I loved the TNG's season 3-onward uni's at first sight. (I hated the season 1 & 2 outfits...*awful*...)

I liked the DS9/Voy variation...I just got tired of them after a while - esp. when everyone else had switched...they looked old after that - but in retrospect, I still like them alot. I wish in Voy we would have gotten a mix of both late TNG *&* early DS9 styles - like we got in Generations. Mix it up a little, I say...(that one thing I read the designer of the TMP uniforms was going for - variation in uniform cuts...)

I *NEVER* liked the TOS uniforms! But oddly, I *LOVE* them now in the JJ Abrams movie version!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  13. Jamee999

Jamee999 Commander Red Shirt

14. sbk1234

Had they used black pants for the TMP uniforms, they may have actually gotten my vote. I think the colors of the uniforms had to be broken up more. That would have also eliminated all the comparisons to pajamas.

15. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

In recent years, I've become more and more fond of the original TOS uniforms from the two pilots, "The Cage" and "Where No Man Has Gone Before." I like the more subdued colors and the very unique and simplified rank system.

16. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

At the moment ST:2-6. But they all kind of suck to be honest.

17. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here:http://www.tinypic.info/files/hregvzd3dbf9uwunp1jv.jpg

^Top row, second from left - TMP uniform, but with black & red coloring! I really like how it looks!

So yeah, a little *color* does wonders for that uniform!

(Odd about the coloring...'cause I was surprised at how well the animators got many/most of the Trek details - including a future Starfleet com-badge from TNG/Voy...I wonder if the coloring folks in Korea or India or burundi burundi or wherever they outsource it to was responsible for that...?)

18. Rulius

Rulius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've always loved the TWok-TuC movie uniforms, though I do see where they would be rather impractical. The jumper cadets and enlisted wore would probably be a better standard outfit.

19. lceb

lceb Commander Red Shirt

I voted the Enterprise uniform. It's not very pretty but it seems practical and realistic.

20. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

FC/INS/NEM version.

ENT ones a close second for having, y'know POCKETS

TOS a close third for sheer iconicness