24 returns as limited series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by bigdaddy, May 10, 2013.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mob City was very well designed and shot, really beautiful looking and atmospheric, great if you are a fan of Noir. The plot was a little lacklustre though.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I've only seen one episode so far, so judgement must be reserved.

Meanwhile Attack the Block's John Boyega has also joined the cast. He signed to play Jesse Owens a few days ago - he's having a good week this week!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39938

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Fuck yeah.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4_r5RlBII[/yt]

Here's the song in case anyone's interested:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhv_yFMuwxs[/yt]

4. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

^ That 24 trailer was awesome! Chloe looked like she could kill someone with her death stare! She looked more scary than Jack, lol!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

#JackIsBack

YES!

6. Locutus of Bored

Chloe with the Dragon Tattoo.

Gee, do you think it's set in London? Because the symbolism was a little too subtle to pick up. All they needed was Mary Poppins gliding in on her umbrella while firing an Uzi to complete the scene. ;)

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Saw that commercial tonight. Utterly awesome, Chloe looked bad-ass and ready to take names!

8. Locutus of Bored

It's hard to tell, but 24 has actually advanced so far ahead into the future that Jack is fighting Khan after he blew up Section 31... err, I mean CTU: London to stop Admiral Marcus... err, I mean Christopher Henderson's future clone. In that span of time, there have been 348 new Presidents of the US. That's the reason they're wearing black leather... because THE FUTURE.

9. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

Lol!

10. Trekker4747

I know they say 24 took place in a "perpetual now" but that's just ridiculous because either the previous season(s) didn't happen (which obviously they did since their events took place and had impacts on future seasons) or the previous seasons got pushed further and further into the past. Which makes a lot of what happens in the earlier seasons harder to grasp and even possible between technology and social politics.

I forget right now what year it "was" when 24 ended it's run but I think it was in 2015 or 2017, a few years ahead of the actual year at the time. So depending on how much time has passed between the series and this the gap may not be very big.

11. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

An English character from an American film firing an Israeli gun? :p

12. Enterprise is Great

I think that 24: LAD is supposed to take place 4 years after season 8.

24: Live Another Day’ Adds Colin Salmon

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

They should have had Colin Salmon as the British Prime Minister instead of Stephen Fry - a UK David Palmer. Though I'd like it even better if he was reprising his role as Charles Robinson from the Brosnan Bond movies!

14. Trekker4747

Checking the series finale thread, it seems I determined that Season 8 took place in 2015 (and that's assuming Season 1 took place in 2000, the then closest presidential election year that wasn't in the future.) So if LAD (Is John McClaine going to be in this or something?) takes place four years after Season 8 then it's 2019 in the 24 universe. (Again, ignoring the 'perpetual now" idea from the show runners and assuming everything his progressed chronologically and the known gaps between seasons.)

Seeing this small trailer really has me excited, though I'm not sure how I feel about the threat being in England (and after watching the trailer I agree with Lo the British imagery was a little over the top. The Union Jack on the over-turned European-style car, the red English phone booth, hell where was the blue Dr. Who-ish police call box and someone on the sidewalk drinking tea?!

But Chloe did look intense and bad-ass. Loved it. Some are calling her akin to "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo." I think that's ridiculous. Given Chloe's mad computer skilz I'd call her "The Girl With the Penguin Tattoo." ;)

And, well, since I by and large did them for most of the series. Dibs on the discussion thread(s) when the series starts. ;)

15. Locutus of Bored

Jack is so awesome that he doesn't even blink when his gun is going off right in his face and buildings are exploding all around him. Because blinking is for wussies, and Jack is in a perpetual staring contest with Satan.

16. Trekker4747

Jack is so awesome the Queen bows to HIM.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Assume you're unaware that the lead in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was also a fairly accomplished computer wiz/hacker? Likely where a good chunk of the reference came from in the first place. Add in a complete lack of social/interpersonal skills, and there you go...

18. Enterprise is Great

19. mr.peany

mr.peany Commodore Commodore

^Hmmm I wonder what happened?

The 24 trailer was epic, IMO the best from the Super Bowl.

20. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

Personally, I think Jack Bauer should fight Prof. Moriarty and a group of Daleks in the new season. Only then it would be truly British.