Spoilers: Is This [Spoiler]'s Original Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Shilliam Watner, Mar 10, 2013.

1. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whether it's April's Enterprise or not, it seems like that starship has subtle differences, like better proportioned nacelles for one. The freakishly large Hod Rod ones are pretty much a new development. So not much of a surprise to me, finding an older generation of ship, has better lines I'd approve of.

I don't think we're thinking like movie writer/producers. Which I imagine generally involves thinking "Hey, wouldn't it be COOL if...?" Because films like this basically boil down to one or two set pieces an audience will look back on and remember.

Well. Hey wouldn't it be cool if we could have two Enterprises fight each other?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
  2. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

And that could be a possibility if it is indeed April's old Enterprise. It looks like the J.J. Enterprise is spiraling towards earth after it looks as though it has been in a pitch battle. I am wondering if a battle takes place between the moon and Earth. It does look like the other Enterprise looking ship is in a moons orbit.

Update.

Anthony Pascale over at Trekmovie has confirmed it is the Earths moon that the Enterprise looking ship is orbiting along with Kirk space diving towards it in a debris field. My bet is the debris is pieces of the J.J. Enterprise hull and it's deflector dish.

3. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

Khans ship is Aprils enterprise
    I called it
    Likely given to him by Weller in some odd connection with his days with April
    Easier to give a plant a decommissioned starship everyone has forgotten about than a brand new ship which might raise more than a few eyebrows if it were to go missing

So khan is the instrument of some revenge by admiral Marcus from his days with April
    Coming together now

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

The spoiler warning up front was a good way to start off.

However, proceeding directly to placing the spoiler right there in the subject line, so that it's visible to all on the Main Index each time this thread moves to the top of this forum?

Not such a good finish, so I've edited your subject lines accordingly.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't put any stock in IDW's depictions of ships in their comics. Their track record is awful - in recent issues of Star Trek Ongoing, they've used the TMP version of the Enterprise to represent the 2009 version of the ship, in one panel of another issue they even used a smooshed TNG Enterprise with "NCC-1701-D" written across the saucer, they often use TNG bridge graphics on ships of all eras (in Spock: Reflections, the sight of the TOS Enterprise bridge where every console surface was solidly covered in Voyager-style bridge graphics was more than a little bizzare) ... so long as it's from Star Trek, it's good enough for them. They likely just reused the 2009 movie Enterprise (drawn with nacelles further apart exactly as they drew it in their adaptation of the 2009 movie) to represent a vaguely similar looking ship.

6. shatastrophic

shatastrophic Commander Red Shirt

Its probably the same ship we see crashing in the bay in every preview...

7. Lord Garth FOI

It is the original Ncc1701 and thus tis true as IGN claims that the Enterprise crashes into san Fran Bay
    Engines and angle of pylons seem to match

8. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

No, that ship in the debris field orbiting the Moon is not the Enterprise, either the original or the nuEnterprise. It's the same ship that crashes into the water in all the trailers, but it's not the Enterprise.

9. Lord Garth FOI

Which will end up being that same mystery ship in orbit, Aprils lost USS Enterprise
    Therefore as IGN says the Enterprise is the ship seen crashing into the water

10. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Do you have a link for that?

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yes, please post a source for that; otherwise it's just your opinion.

12. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

I'm thinking it's a new ship that is more advanced, and that's how it's able to inflict so much damage on the Enterprise.

13. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe it's the USS Reliant.... ;)

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

But doesn't the NuEnterprise being the flagship and only being active for a year at the most kind of imply that there aren't any Starfleet ships that are more advanced then it.

15. greenlight

greenlight Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have no knowledge or opinion about whether it's April's ship or the Admiral's ship or some other ship. I will, however, stake my nerd cred on three things: 1) It's clearly not Kirk's Enterprise, 2) The ship crashing into the water is not Kirk's Enterprise, and 3) The ship crashing into the water could easily be the ship that Kirk is jumping to.

So my speculation is as follows: Kirk leaves his Enterprise to jump to the other ship for the climactic showdown with Harrison. The damaged Enterprise falling to Earth happens after Kirk has left. The ship Kirk jumps to is the Admiral's ship (which may or may not also be April's ship) who's already dead by this point. The ship crashing into the water is this same ship and Kirk is either beamed out in the nick of time or somehow survives the crash after defeating Harrison. Kirk's Enterprise, meanwhile, either pulls out of its spiral or also survives a water crash. Gentlemen, place your bets!

16. WarpFactorZ

In the December teaser trailer at about 0:48, there's a shot of someone standing on what looks to be the bridge of a starship that's crashed into a city, peering out through the broken viewscreen. Can't tell if this is Kirk or Harrison.

Also, in the same trailer immediartely preceding that shot, there's a brief shot of Spock in the command chair of a ship that may or may not be the Enterprise (perhaps the ship he's transferred to?).

17. Lord Garth FOI

It's been reported for nearly a week now that IGN says the Enterprise is the ship crashing into the water
    We know its not giagantiprise because the engines ! pylons and general shape are different so by deduction it must be the original (April's) enterprise

18. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Well, the Enterprise-D was damn near taken out by two Ferengi operated Bird-of-Preys.

And that damn thing was a battleship.

19. WarpFactorZ

That's what I call the "TNG Rules of Engagement": no matter who, the Enterprise is always outgunned by her opponents (be it Romulans, Ferengi, Klingons in a 23rd century Bird-of-Prey, etc...).

20. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

TWOK: Enterprise is nearly crippled by a ship half her size (granted, her shields were down).

TFF: Same happens from ONE torpedo from another BOP.

TUC: Same happens but this time add the Excelsior to the ship list, and she was only hit once!