Kick-Ass 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics. ect.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, May 24, 2012.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

2. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

A certain scene from the comic is confirmed to be in the movie by director Jeff Wadlow in tweeted pic:

Tweet

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That's the beginning of my favorite action sequence in the comic :D I'm happy.

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Has Chloƫ Moretz started filming yet?

Just wondered if there were any pics to see how the age difference works

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't she in one of the group scenes out on the street?

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes. Chloe has been filming since day one on set. There have been pictures of both her and her stunt double in costume. You can find them earlier in the thread.

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah missed those, thanks!

8. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

9. Admiral_Young

The kissing pictures are old. I'm sure they're probably trying to mess with the Mean Girls.

10. Admiral_Young

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

For me, this is the movie of the summer. I'm looking forward to this movie so much, over the past few months I've become a huge fan of all the books, and have been collecting the Hit-Girl mini (and yeah, I'm picking up the trade as well).

Adam and I talk a lot on facebook and he can attest to this, but our conversations turn towards Kick-Ass a lot. Now I realize I'm building up ridiculous expectations for this movie, but I don't care, I think I'll enjoy the movie, but I still am leery of the changes being made.

12. Admiral James Kirk

Trust in Vaughn. He's the watchful eye in the sky protecting our beloved kickers of ass.

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

If I could thumbs up this post I would. Even still, I'm sure I'll have my doubts up till the release of the movie, and then I'll start the long road to enjoying it for being what it is, and not disliking it because it's not exactly like the comic is.

14. Admiral_Young

As I've said before, I discovered "Kick-Ass" through the script. I fell in love with it so much that I went and read the comic and fell in love with that even more despite the differences that were apparent in it (some which I disagreed with, no doubt the same will happen with Kick-Ass 2). I absolutely loved "Kick-Ass" the movie despite the various changes. As long as the essential core themes are intact and the characters aren't mere caricatures of themselves then there aren't any real significant changes that could really deter me or make me not excited for the film.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Kick-Ass (the movie) will always hold a special place in my heart. The road to that movie was a fun one. At one point I thought it was another kiddie-fied superhero movie based on the pictures I had seen, etc. Then seeing the trailer and watching Hit-Girl throw a knife at someone...then seeing it was rated R. I knew there was more to it then I initially thought. It still cracks me up thinking about all the parents who brought their kids to see it thinking it was the same movie that some of the trailers seemed to hint it was.

16. Admiral James Kirk

I know what you mean. The toning down of the graphic violence was a bitter pill for me to swallow. As was the elimination of the Times Square battle which I was greatly looking forward to.

Still I trust Vaughn and I know the backbone of the original material is strong enough to survive the changes, especially when it's in such loving hands.

17. Admiral_Young

Watch the battle actually be in there ;)

18. Admiral James Kirk

If you've read the script and haven't sent me a copy I'm going to fly up to Canada to put my foot in your arse! ;)

19. Admiral_Young

Unfortunately not :( I just wouldn't be surprised at all. This is Millar after all :)

20. Admiral James Kirk

The script review said that Times Square battle wasn't in the movie though. I would absolutely love if it was but I've made peace with the notion that it isn't. :(