Heroes 3x19 "Shades of Gray" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Mar 9, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

8.8%
  2. Above Average

47.4%
  3. Average

28.1%
  4. Below Average

5.3%
  5. Poor

10.5%
  1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

What took ya so long, Danko? :D

Isn't that pretty much the #1 gripe nowadays - how Danko can possibly not suspect Nathan of mutancy?

3. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

geez, how many villains get the "slapped on the wrist" treatment on this show?

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, new star trek trailer, best part of this episode!! LOL Interesting they said it was Star Trek: The Future wierd

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow what a slow thread, so much for live commentary.

6. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Another snoozer. Well, except for Sylar's dad. This could be interesting but giving the writers this season I'm not too hopeful.

7. Jen

Jen Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm over the whole Sylar story. It was bad enough when I said to my brother last week "I bet Sylar's dad is gonna try to take his powers." I said it jokingly, because I thought it was the dumbest thing that could happen.

And now...Sylar's dad is trying take his powers. *sigh* I'm so over it. Not even the prettiness of Zach Quinto can help.

8. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Aww, Sylar has a widdle bunny wabbit he and his daddy made together.

9. Jen

Jen Vice Admiral Admiral

The widdle bunny wabbit he and his daddy KILLED TOGETHER.

Although I find it amusing thinking of Sylar carrying that thing around when he kills people.

10. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Haha and I was thinking Sylar might be getting soft.

11. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm so over Heroes it's not even funny. it's true the Trek spot was the best part of the show.

12. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I hate people who hurt animals. I also hate shoddy writing. So....finally....someone figures out that Nathan can fly. :rolleyes: As if no one would have questioned whether or not Nathan might have an ability before now. It occurred to no one. They knew about Arthur, and Peter, but Nathan thought he'd get away scot free. It makes no sense.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Haha, I totally called the Matt Parkman that Hiro and Ando were going after would be Matt Jr. :lol:

14. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

iCarly moved to California?

15. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Oh sh*t. Looks like the bunny will be Sylar's calling card.

16. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Okay, being a dad I did like the last scene with Nathan saving his daughter.

17. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

wow, is Nathan rebel? :eek:

um well this has been my fave ep so far this volume. Mostly cuz it was so Nathan centric & I loved the final shot of flying daddy carrying healing daughter away from danger(daaaw). Even though I still cant stand Claire & think her helping Doyle was among the dumbest things she's ever done.

EDIT: yeah Gertch, I missed seeing Nathan as a father. Its like the writers had forgotten he used to have a family...

18. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I give this episode an Above Average solely for the Star Trek trailer. If it wasn't for the trailer, this episode would be another average.

19. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

If Nathan is Rebel it would make absolutely zero sense IMO. But you never know...

20. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yet another watchable but middling episode.

Last week I said that Matt being dropped off in Washington with a bomb should have been a dramatically exciting moment but was instead flat. I certainly didn't care for the non-event that was the whole defusing that lasted all of three minutes. No tension whatsoever.

Doyle the puppeteer was wasted-what really was the point in bringing him back? He could handle himself he didn't need Claire. Comic geeks--all of which were extras from Chuck's Nerd Herd --oogling over Claire was pointless.

My interest did peak with an Angela/Hunter confrontation on the horizon but even it wasn't up to par. Usually you can never go wrong with Angela.

Nathan is all over the place. One minute the bad guy who put all of this into motion. The next trying to undo his clusterf*ck. The episode seemed to want to suggest that maybe he wanted to set this in motion for some altruistic unknown reason perhaps as a pre-emptive move on his part against the government who were already aware of those with abilities but it doesn't come off that way.

I was disappointed with Sylar's confrontation with his dad. This was built up for five episodes and I don't know what I would have wanted but this wasn't it. It didn't really reveal anything new or interesting.

Tracy was brought back for some lame snarking with the Hunter.

And when Fuller mentioned last Dec in an article that Janice and Matt's son would be returning to the show I had expected it would be in a more interesting manner than Hiro/Ando babysitting Matt Jr. Please don't let next week be Hiro babysitting a superbaby and hilarity ensues. I had enough of silly Hiro last volume to last me for quite some time.

I had some high hopes when I noticed a new writer Oliver Grisgby but it doesn't feel any differently.

Average