Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Surely given the context of his comments, he means creative team for thunderbolts not the concept?

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Sometimes it's hard figuring out what Rich really means...but you could be right.

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Way's Thunderbolts was awful. and really that team of characters...you could call them anything and it wouldn't matter. you could call them the Champions or Defenders...there was no reason to call them Thunderbolts (other than Gen. Ross being team leader).

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Considering he's supposed to be faking his own continuing death in perpetuity, surely "Thunderbolts" is the one name he should never have picked for this team?

If Rhulk was in Witness Protection, his Marshall would have kicked Thadd's ass.

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

They really need to let the Thunderbolts concept go. I made it to the third issue and said goodbye which rarely happens as almost never drop a book. This one just had nothing going for it to interest me. I guess it doesnt help that I am the one guy who finds Deadpool to be useless.

6. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd buy a REAL Thunderbolts book: the former Masters of Evil struggling to redeem themselves.

I have no interest in the throw-a-bunch-of-random-villains-in-a-book versions of recent years.

7. Guy Gardener

Screw redemption.

I want more Baron Zemo.

Gosh.

Give me a remake of Super-Villian Team-Up focussing on Zemo falling into a series of pissing contests with all the big bads from 616.

How the hell is dark Avengers keeping it's head above water?

The stories are nice, but this one about the super ghettos in conflict and the one before that where 2000 AD should have sued, both lasted at least 3 times longer than they should have... Although awakening Thor's genetic memories in Ragnorok (Clor who killed Black Giantman.... That's so easily muddled into a super hero called "Giant Black Man" that it can't have been his name... Oh... Black Goliath.) is an interesting development.

How well would a comic called "Giant Black Man" sell?

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

In that case it's you and me then.

9. Admiral_Young

Deadpool was pretty much useless in "Thunderbolts" all he seemed to be doing most of the time was gawking and pining for Elektra.

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

honestly, i don't care about Deadpool at all. the character does not appeal to me.

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I have zero interest in Deadpool. Never have had.

12. Admiral_Young

FF#6 was fantastic again, and Scarlet Spider #16 was pretty good. I loved the little old school Baxter Building layout we got in FF. This book is just so much better than what Fraction is doing in Fantastic Four. He actually seems to be having FUN in FF.

13. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with a lot of what you said. I liked the lineup of the new Thunderbolts but was turned off by the art. I picked up the last two issues once I saw that Noto was the artist. The story needs some work-though I'm not sure if part of that was my jumping into the middle of it, but there were some good character moments and a little humor. I loved the coup against Ross and how that turned out.

Looking over some of the news, it sucks that Captain Marvel might be staving off cancellation. It was a book that intrigued me but I haven't been into the stories. I liked the one with Monica Rambeau but I had already quit buying the book by then. And the current artwork for Captain Marvel is atrocious. Hopefully they can get a new artist soon and work on developing Carol's rogues' gallery.

14. Turtletrekker

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So even time traveling original X-Men Marvel Girl is called Jean Grey rather than Marvel Girl?

16. Guy Gardener

It's not like her family can be murdered again by space aliens?

A Shi'ar hunting party fragged them all a couple years aback trying to pick off Rachel.

What does Rachel Grey call herself these days, because she should be on campus, since she was definitely involved in Phoenix thingy, because depending on when the timeline split THAT IS HER MOTHER!

17. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the timeline split is the original Phoenix saga, so young Jean is definitely her mom (and young Scott her pops).

Has Rachel ever had any relationship with Cable who's kind of her brother?

18. Turtletrekker

^Oh, do you really want to open that can of worms? :lol:

19. Admiral_Young

I don't believe Rachel and Nathan have ever interacted that much with each other.

As for the Jean Grey/Marvel Girl thing, I'm sure that is just Bendis' way of acknowledging the characters, like how present day Bobby has been mostly in his ice form.

20. Guy Gardener

Rachel is the once and future Askani Mother... Who was like kinda Cable's surrogate grandmother who took baby "Christopher" into the future before Apocalypse stole him, substituted Cable for Stryfe, who was then thrown out with the bath water only to be rescued and raised for the next ten years by Red and Slimm, who were really a time displaced Scott and Jean on their honeymoon.