Star Trek Conquest (Wii/PS2)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by tomswift2002, Sep 3, 2012.

?

How do you rate this game?

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good

50.0%
  3. Average

25.0%
  4. See Dr. Crusher

25.0%
  1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I remember when this game was first announced for the Wii, I was sooooooo excited----a new Trek game on a Nintendo TV console in about 10 years.

Obviously the game has some flaws, such as the Federation going to war with he Dominion during 2364.

But I find that the game is like chess and every time that I play it I have no idea what the outcome will be.

So how do you rate this game? I rate it Good.

2. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

I ranked it good as well. The graphics are good and I think the combat is well done. It's a fun game to occupy your time for an hour or so. To have been a great game, I think that:

1) the boundaries for the systems should be better defined and larger. I'm always hitting the edges with the game stating I will lose the system and/or withdraw in X seconds.

2) the galactic map should be larger.

3) there should be more playable empires/races (including the Borg). Also the Borg should be a lot more powerful. The fact I can take out 3 scouts (Borg spheres) and 3 cruisers (mini-cubes???) with a few Klingon BoPs or Defiant vessels is kind of sad.

4) the game had included more of the system management features from BotF or other 4x games.

5) the game should have more starships playable. I know that there are ships unlocked that can be played in the skirmish games, but in the standard single player game, each race has 3 ship classes to use. :rolleyes:

6) the AI should be better. The empires/races should behave like their TV/movie counterparts. The Federation should be peaceful unless provoked, the Romulans sneaky and dangerous, etc... The enemy also shouldn't attack your fleet of dreadnoughts with an advanced starbase complete with defense turrets with 4 BoPs or other scout vessels.

I think I understand what the developers were trying to do. Basically a simple, fun, arcade type shooter that you can beat in an hour or two. I think that had they offered a complex management and strategy style game with a "intelligent AI", and if the player chooses, could be dumb'd down to what Conquest currently is, it would have been a great game.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

I have this game for PS2 and think it's ok. The premise is a little silly, but the strategy aspects of the game are pretty cool.