Not Remastered on Netflix

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mark 2000, May 22, 2013.

1. Mark 2000

Mark 2000 Captain Captain

I've never been shy about saying the work on TOS remastered only looked good 50% of the time. And 50% on any exam is an "F". I remember when watching TOS in HD on Netflix awhile back that some episodes had the original FX intact in all their grainy 16mm glory - like the bluray option. Was that just a random mistake Neflix made or is it possible to watch all the episodes like that?

2. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't watched TOS on Netflix in a while. But I remember that it was the Remastered version. I'll check it out soon.

3. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I haven't seen all of TOS on Netflix, but all of them I have sampled had the new effects with the exception of "The Cage", but those Talosians could just be messing with our perception...

4. Draculasaurus

Draculasaurus Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, one or two of the episodes on there have the original effects.
    I'm guessing it's a mistake.

5. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you're asking if there is an option to choose either original or remastered TOS on Netflix, I think the answer is no. I do not see an option to choose one or the other.

I'm currently working through TOS on Netflix. Every episode so far has been remastered EXCEPT for "Obsession."

6. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

I just watched Galileo Seven the other day and it had the new effects.

7. Chrono85

Chrono85 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would imagine that they originally had the un-remastered version up on Netflix, and are maybe still in the process of replacing those episodes. Although, it seems like they could do that all at once.

8. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

Came here to see if anyone else had noticed. :) As of January 31, 2016, Netflix STILL has the original version of "Obsession" and not the remastered version.