As expected, The Backlash has already begun.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by serenitytrek1, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

The synopsis of the film has not even been out of a whole day and the TOS purists are already having meltdowns. You need to read some of the silly comments posted on trekmovie about the plot of the film.

Many of them are already accusing the film of been all action and no story. Some of them are saying Trek is all about exploring new worlds and visiting strange planets, Trek is not about nuclear weapons and war.

I don’t think that it is fair at all to start criticizing JJ and his crew, when the film is not even out. I believe this synopsis works fine for a Trek film, I don’t understand why many Trek fans don’t get that a movie with only 3 hours or less to tell a story and a TV series that has like 22 episode to tell a similar story is not the same thing.

Believe me, the main movie going audience will be bored to death if they go and see a Trek film that is all about exploring new planet and peacefully chatting with aliens.

If you like that so so much.... go watch the TV series.

2. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

It has Starfleet traitors. The series did some really deep stories with tha stuff; Equinox, Homefront.

This going to be great.

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the internet.

4. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

I absolutely agree. I just hope that it won't have as many plotholes as the first one did.

5. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I stopped to read the comments over trekmovie.com ages ago.

6. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really don't think I do.

In any case, it all sounds like another normal day on the internet. Just you wait until the 9-minutes and the trailer come.:lol:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only reason most trekkies want information about upcoming Trek movies and TV shows is so that they can critique and decry the shortcomings and inevitable failures of the producers.

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And people wonder why the studios are so secretive these days . . . .

9. Matt S

Matt S Lieutenant Red Shirt

Nerds......nuf said

10. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I like trek movie but trekbbs is my favorite, however the reason why I like going on trekmmovie so much is because of how active the site is. a single article on the site can have like 3000 comments.

However they don't have a message board like this site. I must say the worst is startrek.com. The site bores me to death, can you believe that they have not even reported the synopsis of Trek 2013.

Its kind of disappointing as startrek.com is perhaps the first trek site that comes up on the internet.

I just can’t wait for the official site to this film.

But back to my post...The TOS purist just needs to calm down.

If you dont like JJ and his films, there are 6 other TOS films to watch that are free of the JJ sickness.

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Haven't you started that blog yet?

Thread closed. Warning for spamming. Comments to PM.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.