Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

If she does survive to be a shadowy protector of Lil'Leia, she could have a touching death sacrificing herself to save Leia's life from a Dark Sider, dying mere feet away from Leia who never even knew anything was going on, and her final moment is looking across at Leia walking away, oblivious and safe.

2. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

Hmmm.....

Final episode of "The Dark Times" tv show (now cgi)..... Leia has just led a daring raid to capture the plans of the dreaded Death Star. Unbeknown to our heroes, Pappy Vader is on the trail, about to slice and dice.... when Ahsoka comes propelling down from the ceiling (all Sting like from WCW days) to take on her former Master. Her heroic sacrifice allows a clueless Leia and the gang to escape on the Rebel Blockade runner and plop the plans into a certain R2 unit..... fade out to Episode IV.....

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just realized, I ripped off that idea from the beginning/ending of 12 Monkeys. And here I thought I was being original :lol:

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I just found out Clone Wars is moving to Saturday mornings. Bah!

5. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Not mentioned in the Thrawn trilogy = didn't happen. :p

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

This is why I like Star Trek's canon policy, It prevents people from sufering illusions of grandeur about the tie-in novels :)

7. Gaith

You know why I like Trek's canon policy? It includes more than three movies' worth of live-action space adventure that doesn't suck! :p

[​IMG]

8. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

That's wonderful because Star Wars has six movies none of which suck! :p

9. Gaith

I think it's time you informed the Senate that your ability to use the Force has diminished. :cool:

10. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That job has already been filled:).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fess_Ilee

I do think it's a cool idea though. And of course the TV show trumps any novels, comics, or games, so it could still happen.

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not to mention young reader novels. Fess Ilee/Ferus Olin can move over. :)

At this point, I think the question is: What hasn't been thought of already in the EU?

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Gotta love Darth Vader running around years before Luke's conception.

13. Gaith

That doesn't contradict the OT in any way, though it does suggest either that a) Vader wasn't yet in the suit when he first came to Honoghr, and the Noghri don't mention that, or b) the twins were conceived after Vader suited up, which probably implies rape.

Either way, it's far less logically problematic than Vader standing right next to Leia and not wondering why she looks so much like him.

At this point, however, I'd be fine with calling the "forty years" figure a continuity error, and setting the twins' conception at around the time of the Clone Wars - so long as the rest of the Thrawn trilogy stays in effect. ;)

14. Hartzilla2007

But Star Wars consists of 6 movies, a crappy holiday special some possibly related movies with Ewoks, 2 animated films with the droids, and animated micro-series, 1 CGI movie, 4 and soon to be 5 seasons of a TV show, and another animated show currently in production.

And no your opinion of any of those does not affect the canon status of any of that AT ALL. (I really wish fans would get that canon isn't a personal opinion unless you actually own the show in question and even then they can change their mind.) :)

besides not everyone reads the books hence why making anything live action adhere to them is madness.

15. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Actually franchises ae moving toward the Star Wars aproach.

16. Set Harth

:eek: Nope, no contradiction with the OT to see there, move along.

Same difference, really: suit or no suit, if he's Darth Vader at that point he's still evil.

I'm not really seeing it. Besides, let's say she did look like him. Given that he thinks his child is dead, why would someone looking like him arouse suspicion or wondering? If you saw someone that looked somewhat like you, would you tend to assume they were offspring you didn't know about?

Tell that to Coruscant.

17. Gaith

No, there really isn't. Where in the OT do you recall anyone saying that the twins were the product of a marriage and/or romance? (Suited-up Vader could probably have gotten it on with concubines in controlled-atmosphere situations, provided they wore gas masks or something.)

And still not in conflict with the OT.

If I saw a kid that looked like me, and felt his/her raw Force presence (this is the most important point), and then read rumors in Imperial Intelligence files that she'd been adopted... I might start asking some questions.

Even the OT has its own inconsistencies. ;)

18. Hartzilla2007

And these franchise would be?

Using a name from the books does not equate to adhering to the books, unless they actually mention the plot of a book as happening onscreen its just a shout out.

19. Set Harth

"That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't, doesn't count."

Yet still something better looked at as an error on Zahn's part, instead of bending over backwards to make it work, inventing Rape Vader and concubines to fix something which was ( given the ROTJ script ) most likely divergent with Lucas' intent regarding the circumstances of Luke's conception.

The most important point, which strangely wasn't mentioned at all in the previous post, which focused on the apparently jaw-dropping similarity between Hayden Christensen and Carrie Fisher. But on to the important point: it is only your assumption that he felt any "raw Force presence" from her. He didn't feel anything from Luke until Luke had already started his training and was consciously using the Force, something ANH Leia is assuredly not doing. Palpatine felt nothing from untrained Anakin on the Coruscant landing platform.

Right. I don't think you're going to be feeling any Force aptitudes, and Imperial Intelligence is presumably out of the question, so I take it the proximity of anyone who vaguely looks like you often leads to a lot of these... questions?

How does that turn out?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  20. Gaith

Please elaborate. What in the ROTJ script makes a rape conception at all implausible? Besides, if anything, Lucas' seeming intent was that the twins' mother was alive for several years after they were born.

(And we all know how that turned out.)

Either way, the dating of the Clone Wars is a tiny, throwaway reference in Zahn's novels, which overall mesh far better with the OT than the PT does.