Falling Skies - season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, May 23, 2013.

1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

White. Surrender color. You're obligated to to at least ask who is it before you shoot.

Anyway, Someone did notice. One of Pope's guys, and it turned out to be TOM MASON, Historical Badass.

(I really love this series...)

2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ I loved Tom's line to Pope about him sailing back in: "You could have shot me and nobody would have ever known." So Charleston's costal defense apparently consists of a couple of biker guys, and when they leave their post to check something out NOBODY mans their post, and there is no other watch post that can see the same area.

3. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Coming by boat makes sense and is faster than walking. I'm glad they thought of that solution.

Cochise can regenerate - how convenient.

I know it's a show and some allowances need to be made for the sake of the plot. Just seems a lil laughable that the fate of the entire world rests on this one group. Like there wouldn't be some hardened Russians or Taliban fighting in their corners of the globe?

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

They're worried about space invaders, not pirates. :rommie:

It would be a funny twist if they completely fail in their attempts to bring down the shield and then somebody in Russia manages to do it. :D Of course, that will never happen, because the heroes of the show have to win. And ass far as we know there are only one group of aliens helping out and they are in Charleston.

As I said, this is the equivalent of an Irwin Allen show, so I just sit back and enjoy.

I feel bad about Lourdes, though. :(

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too. Once she's a goody good again, she's not going to be half as hot.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Because our area is the only one that had the big gun blown up last finale, which is what lead the good aliens to come down and help.

And am I the only one that doesn't think that Anne is dead and it's all a tra to get them to attack Boston instead one of the other cities?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  7. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

^ I definitely don't think Anne & the baby are dead. As for whether it's a trick to get them to attack Boston, I'm not sure, but the thought did cross my mind.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

No, there's no way Anne and the baby are dead.

It did occur to me that it might have been a trick to get them to attack Boston, but that would be pretty stupid even for these aliens. For one thing, they had no idea how long it would take Tom to get back to Charleston; second, they should have assumed that he would not believe that Anne and the baby are dead, but probably in suspended animation, and would not have wanted to take the chance (although the show did depict him as doing the opposite); and third, they had a plan in place to render the weapon unusable.

9. bigdaddy

Yes but that's if you use human logic and not alien human logic. ;)

To me the writing seems to go "Hey look the aliens have a plan, it's kind of stupid, but whatever, we just say it's an alien plan". :lol:

If they don't have the actress who plays Ann come back that would be really stupid way to kill off a character. Probably the dumbest way since Tarsha Yar.

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I did find it amusing when Tom jauntily arrived in his sailboat. It was just a little too casual. These aliens are pretty lousy at tying up loose ends after conquering.

11. Guy Gardener

Really? There are no AquaMechs?

Do Skitters seem like good swimmers?

Sure the ships can take out boats, but people are basically safe on Islands, unless the ships can deploy mechs.

America may have fallen, but there's a chance that small tinpot nations like Cuba haven't been touched.

12. bigdaddy

I'm sure they needed to build a tower there to keep the shields up. But what about the stomach bugs from a random episode last year? Would have made sense to just deploy some of them into the city being the security in the city is only stomaching mechs from coming in. Everything else seems to come and go as they please.

They said in one episode last year that if we just stayed out of their way that we could have the planet back after they were done. Obviously they were lying but they invaded the planet, killed billions and just can't figure out how to kill the others? I understand it's a show and everything, but you think they would have some droids for the day just flying around and shooting anything that moves.

13. Guy Gardener

The shields are going to kill everyone. Why go to extraordinary resumes when it's all moot?

I just wonder when the producers figured out that the towers made a shield that would kill all life on Earth? Start of season one, start of season two, start of seaons 3 or a week before they told us?

14. bigdaddy

It wasn't season 1. The guy running the show left or was fired and then the current guy came in for seasons 2-3. I think they realized they probably should do something with the towers besides being command centers.

I'd say it would a week before they filmed the episode. :lol:

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

And again I ask all you detractors: If it's that stupid, why the fuck are you still watching it?

16. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

And again I ask you: If those posts annoy you, why the fuck are you still reading them?

17. Guy Gardener

I'm waiting for the episode where Pope and Poppy Mason make out.

18. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

You've achieved, "Vice Admiral," level in the TrekBBS which means you have posted thousands of times - correct? If you haven't relaized by now that a lot of sci-fi fans like to complain about everything for complaining sake - something's wrong. ;)

19. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which actually posses me off generally about sci-fi. As gay man, I wanna know why there are hardly any gay characters at all in any of sci-fi?

Trek - nope
    Wars - zilch
    Babolyn 5 - none
    BSG - none
    Stargate - zero

WTF??? :scream:

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

The 1970s was much too early to expect to see a Gay character, but, NuBSG has Felix Gaeta

B5, although no main or recurring characters were Gay, there was a time or two when there was a couple guys sitting together at a table, and looked like far more than just friends. And of course, you had Stephen and Marcus posing as a Gay Married Couple.

WH13 - has Jinks as a Gay man, and they even had an episode with tension between him and his ex.

But, yea, it would be great if we could have even one unambiguously Gay Main character in a Space Opera that actually lived a life that included being Gay (And that he wasn't stereotypically limp wristed and swishy and calling out "Hey Girl" all the time)