Rare Photos: November 2010

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Frontier, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

So I totally forgot to do the October edition of Ultimately Human... and no one noticed! :wah:

That said, I know if I forgot to do Rare Photos, I'd have e-mails waiting for me promptly. So here they be! The November collection! ;)

http://www.trekcore.com/specials/thumbnails.php?album=85

My Favorites:
    1st Row, Left: Building Deck 1 of the Enterprise-E. :drool:

2nd Row, Left: Captain Kirk's space car? Hrm...

4th Row, Right: The nuScotty publicity photo you've seen previously in my avatar.

6th Row, Right: Young and enthusiastic Levar Burton in civies on the set of TNG.

Which Ones Are Your Favorites?

2. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed... I was just too polite to say anything! :lol:

Some great shots this month. My favourites are the one of Shat and his futuremobile, Guinan and her hat, and the Spockduo. I like that last one especially. Thanks for another treat!

3. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

I noticed, I kept checking for it here! But thanks for the new Rare Photos! The clothes in the ST3 Nimoy photo are... :lol:

4. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

While I noticed there was no new post; I also know you are Ultimately Human, Frontier.

My favorites are Two Spocks, Kirk's future car and McCoy/Kirk from TMP.

5. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

What's the story behind that "future car" anyway?

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

The car was a custom job by Gene Winfield called the Reactor. You saw it in a magazine ad in "Bread and Circuses" as the "Jupiter 8" and again in a Black&White TV news clip from the same episode. The Reactor made appearances in several other series during the same period, as did at least one other Winfield custom vehicle; Winfield's shop also built the full-size shuttle mock-up used in "The Galileo 7" and other episodes.

7. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ It reminds me a lot of the Chevy Astro III, built in '69.

Btw, thanks for providing these great photos, Frontier. :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  8. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I shamefully admit I hadn't noticed that the October Ultimately Human thread was missing. :alienblush:

Anyway, thank you for the photos, Frontier! They're lovely, as usual. My favorites are exactly the same as Sector 7's, that is the future Shatmobile, the 2 Spocks, and the one with Kirk and McCoy from TMP.

9. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

I noticed, but I figured you were just busy.

My favorite is the Nemesis Photo with Data and B-4.

10. KeepOnTrekking

KeepOnTrekking Commodore Commodore

The one with Shatner and the Reactor car was interesting. I seem to remember the car being tricked out as Catwoman's car in Batman's 3rd season, which I believe was the same year as Star Trek's 2nd one.:cool:

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I have only the vaguest recollection of that and I've only been able to find one smallish image (go here and scroll down a little) but I do believe I can make out the Reactor under all of the other stuff.

Edit:

These may be slightly better:
    http://www.breakdowncover.org/blog/9-coolest-batman-vehicles
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/...ennyworth/batman/miscpixs/reactorkittycar.jpg
    http://www.harpiesbizarre.com/supercar.htm

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  12. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As always Frontier, very terrific and thanks for your effort!

13. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

Hi Frontier, thank you so much for giving us every month such beautiful pics.
    I`m always looking forward to that (although I always hope for more Voyagerpics).
    Would you be so kind to add the October Ultimataly Human pics for us?

14. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

There's a fun little pic of nuScotty in uniform, a self-portrait the actor took in his trailer - and was worried ever after he'd be arrested! :rofl: Check out Pegg's new autobiography, "Nerd Do Well", colour plates between pp. 264-265.

15. Frontier

16. Mr.AtoZ

Mr.AtoZ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Not only that but they put all of the photos on one page so your browser goes into a download migraine. :wtf:

By the way do you know about rare Star Trek photos posted on Flickr? There are a lot of Lincoln Enterprises sourced photos shown, some of which match a few you have posted. I am guessing they ultimately came from the same source.

17. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Their only contact is through Facebook, to which I do not belong. I also encourage you to write a cease and desist letter.

18. Frontier

Well these frakkers stole some from TrekMania too; I wouldn't be surprised if a handful where from other sources. But minimum 90% are "mine" -- in the sense I scanned/acquired them. When you've spent hours and hours looking at a photo, you know it on the spot. Hehe.

We'll see who on the TrekCore staff is on facebook. Lords of Kobol know I'm not, lol.

Both T'Bonz here at TrekToday, and Gustavo over at TrekWeb, have been kind enough to correct the stories to reflect the true source though. Which is why they rock. :)

19. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Good to hear you've got some backup. Should be able to shut those clowns down. :)

20. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I would like the hear the back story on the Kirk car myself. It still looks HOT even for 2010.:techman: