Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Felidae

Felidae Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Ugh, there are too many people out there like the people who tossed the kitty from that car. A friend of mine is a guest family/host (what's the term used in english for that, someone who takes in lost, hurt, stray cats and kittens and nurses them back to health, raises them till they're ready for adoption??) for a local foundation, she gets cats like this in a lot. Though I must say, a kitten like this, it's lucky it ended up at your place, because it would have been very hard to get someone to adopt it (he/she). However, kitty diapers and such only go so far, I hope this kitty isn't bothered by them and by having no control over its pooping behaviour (since cats are generally such clean animals). If it's a happy kitty, it's fantastic, but if life sucks for this kitty because of that, well..

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

The word you were looking for is "foster".

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

B.J.--It's very fortunate that, as I understand it, your cat has no trouble walking. Still, I remembered this video I'd seen once that links to a Facebook group with information about caring for cats with paralysis. Maybe they'll have some additional resources for you, and be a place to ask questions, get advice on if it is appropriate to use diapers, and (if yes) when, and what kind of diapers to use, etc. :) They may even be able to put you in touch with vets who have experience in these areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dXsQc9OkJfw#!

Good on you for taking care of a special needs cat. :)

4. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

It is so wonderful that you are doing this B.J.! Reading Banshee's story made me a little misty eyed...and your son's response made me so happy!

I had a really crappy day at work, and this has made it all better. Thank you for giving her/him a fighting chance.

5. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Cat lovers beware!

[​IMG]

6. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I can't figure out what actually happens in this, but it's a bit funny anyway.

[​IMG]

7. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Adorable trekkiedane.

That last cat looks worried

8. trekkiedane

The one that hiccups may be the one that frightens the one lying next to it (and then sets the whole thing off), but from where they all look there's definitely something in the room none of them are comfortable with :rommie:

And, indeed, mummy does not look amused.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm guessing vacuum cleaner.

10. trekkiedane

^ :lol: That would be able to set off that whole thing :lol:

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

They all look so scared! I just wanna give them hugs.

12. Ghost07

Ghost07 Vice Admiral In Memoriam

it COULD be as simple as a human who suddenly sneezed...:lol:

13. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    My Marigold is afraid of sneezes. Now, Beanie, on the other hand, is not scared of the vacuum cleaner any more. Brave boy! :D

14. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Update on Banshee:
    We brought her home from the vet today after having her tail amputated, and if you were just judging her on the way she's acting, you wouldn't think there's anything wrong with her at all! She's adjusted quite well, and is playing and eating just like any other kitten, not to mention her very sweet personality. She does have at least partial control over her bladder, and from the vet's assessment of her flank injury, we're hopeful that she'll recover some control of her bowels. We're having to keep her in a kitty carrier by the bed at night, and we've set up our large dog crate (5'x3'x3') for her to stay in when we're away. This both so that she doesn't poop/pee all over the house, but she also needs to be confined while she heals. She'll go back to the vet in about 10 days to have the stitches and drainage tubes removed.

I've attached a picture that shows her tailless backside and sewn-up flank, but I put it in spoilers in case anyone's bothered by stitches and drainage tubes.
    [​IMG]

15. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    It's good she's adapting and behaves like a happy kitty should :)

16. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw, cute little bare-bottomed kitty! I'm so glad she's doing well. FWIW, my disabled kitty is almost eight now and is thriving. It's hard to believe that a cat who's been through so much could be so laid back and gentle, but he is.

17. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

It makes me glad the only problem my kitties have is in being adorable.

18. trekkiedane

^Makes me glad that people like B.J. exist :)

19. gturner

gturner Admiral

Cute little bob-tail kitty.

The back legs are working and the bladder is working, so I'm sure the pooper will start working too. :)

Meanwhile, an eHarmony video is making the rounds. Want a date with a future cat lady?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc[/yt]

20. Felidae

Felidae Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Haha thank you, so weird but now I would not have any trouble finding that word, guess I was too tired or braindead when I posted before.. :rommie:

Did I even post a piccy of my cute other kitty? Our little calico Fay (she's not little, 3,5 kilo by now but since out tomcat is almost twice as big she always seems little). She'll always be shy, she was found as stray kitty with mom and siblings when she was 2 days old, ended up in two foster families (because of fungal outbreak if that's what you call it she had to move from one) and in the shelter eventually, when we got her people had already returned her (like she was just a toy or something, she was just 13 weeks when we got her, they did not give her time to adjust) because they found her too shy.

Well, she's shy, she's got a temper, and a serious manual, she's a fussy eater but we love her all the same. She can't meow properly either, all that comes out is a little squeek that far away sounds like "mew".. :guffaw:

Let me introduce to you, the Lady Fay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's also a bit camera shy, so good pics of her are rare, these are almost a year old.
    One pic that is a little older still but I still love is one that shows that she doesn't always love her "big brother" Jamie, he often wants to play and she doesn't so then it turns out something like this:

[​IMG]

Oh and @B.J. : good to hear it seems your kitty is doing so well! What a picture too, cute little bare bottomed kitty.