Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Could you put names to the faces, please? I think that's Jennifer Garner as Number One and Mark Harmon as Boyce, and you said Gina Holden (mmm, Gina Holden...) as Barry, but I don't recognize the other two women.

2. Columbia

Columbia Ensign Newbie

Really like your choice of Chapel. Is that Rosamund Pike?

For recasting Colt, I like Molly C. Quinn (who's also my choice for Vanessa Theriault; I need to watch more tv and movies).

Christopher, Robin Tunney is her Colt.

Thank you. :)

3. Tara

Tara Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Sorry--since they other characters are from TOS, I didn't specify. But Colt = Sprague Grayden and Chapel = Rosamund Pike

Columbia: Nope, not Robin Tunney, tho in retrospect, she and Grayden could be sisters. And I originally had Jen Garner as both Number One and Chapel, but I swiftly adopted Rosamund Pike due to the insane amounts of inappropriate-for-siblings chemistry she had with Urban in Doom.

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

you like Doom? wait... no... you like Karl Urban...

5. Tara

Well, actually I have it on DVD cos I like Dwayne Johnson, and there was bonus dodgy-American-accent-having Dexter Fletcher (I don't suppose there are any other Press Gang fans here?). But I only watched it again (with friends) after STXI for Karl Urban.

6. captcalhoun

but... do you actually LIKE it?

7. Tara

For Karl Urban being pretty, the Rock being insanely funny, and Rosamund Pike being awesome? Yes. Is it quality? Oh honey, HELL NO. However you're talking to someone who saw the remake of Death Race in theatres. Twice.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, that would explain why she looked so familiar, I'm a big Jericho fan. I knew the face, but it's been a long enough time since I saw an episode that I didn't realize it was her.

9. captcalhoun

oh, i know it ain't quality, but given the source (video game where you run around killing monsters) i think it's pretty good. i just some times think i'm the only person on the planet who liked it.

10. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

^ Oh, hell no. That movie was awesome. Not, like, actually good, but definitely awesome.

11. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

Number One- Jennifer Garner?
    Boyce- Mark Harmon
    Don't recognize the last two.

12. Tara

Number One: Jen Garner
    Colt: Sprague Grayden
    Boyce: Mark Harmon
    Chapel: Rosamund Pike
    Barry: Gina Holden

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did they ever actually cast Chapel for the new Trek? Or was it always just a mention?

14. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

^ A voice responded to McCoy when he said something to Chapel. Imdb doesn't list a credit.

15. Tara

The actor who played the blonde nurse who responded is Elizabeth Ingalls, but nope, no official Chapel yet (you only get credited when you have a certain number of lines, and she only had one, tho for a while there folks were trying to figure out if it was Majel's voice I don't think it was).

16. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I honestly think if they had decided to bring in Number One into the movie, I think Jennifer Garner would have been casted. Look at all the people that JJ has worked with in the past that was involved in the movie.

17. teacherkarl

teacherkarl Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Forgive me if this was stated on another reply in this thread (I don't have time to search through 80-odd pages), but I'm watching TNG right now, and it suddenly hit me:

Nan Bacco (I read all the books featuring her character earlier this year) - Ellen Geer.

She plays the woman who's convinced that Data collaborated with the Crytalline Entity in the fifth season episode "Silicon Avatar." All the while I was reading books with the Nan Bacco character in them, she was who I was picturing.

18. Columbia

Columbia Ensign Newbie

^ I don't remember the episode, but she looks like I think Bacco looks.

The Kadohata photoshop was so much fun, I did another, this one of Captain Desai.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  19. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who is that? She's very pretty, but ridiculously young to be playing Captain Desai, who is supposed to be in her 30s or 40s.

20. Columbia

Columbia Ensign Newbie

Parminder Nagra is Desai here. She's 34, but looks young for her age. David Mack suggested her as Desai, and I liked the choice. The captain seems written to her.