Ant-Man: Info, Pics, Rumors, Casting and Details till release

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 17, 2012.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

It's possible that Hank Pym worked with the San Francisco police in the 1970s....

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQfjxZFeVp8[/yt]

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming since this is an official picture, that the Golden Gate means at least some of it is set there.

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Supposedly they're filming in San Francisco and Atlanta. Obviously there's at least a scene in San Francisco, but I wonder if Atlanta is a stand-in or if it's only partially set out west.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well, that looks fairly Waspy. :techman:

6. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

From what I'm hearing Hope Pym, while Hank/Janet's daughter, will onscreen essentially be the classic Janet Van Dyne Wasp in all but name & relation to Hank. So there's that at least.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering if they're doing that so they can do a Ant-Man\Wasp relationship without it being Hank and Janet.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will Atlanta get to be Atlanta on-camera?

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it ever?

11. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Driving Miss Daisy and Zombieland.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Was hoping that we might've gotten some official pics or a small teaser at NYCC for Ant-Man. Not sure what the next best publicity blitz will be, other than AoU in May. I'd guess we get something before May.

Perhaps the Marvel Special that is going to air on ABC during sweeps, November 4th? The special is called Marvel 75 years: From Pulp to Pop

What we did get from NYCC is the announcement of a new ongoing monthly Ant-Man title starting in January with Scott Lang as the lead. Scott has never headlined an ongoing as Ant-Man and it's clear it's meant to tie in peripherally with the film, at least as far as the lead.

I'm guessing that lots of stage work is being done on the film which is why so few spy photos and the like haven't surfaced for the film yet. Other than the one or two officially released stills from last month its been dry on the update front.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was kind of surprised we didn't get any Marvel movie news. I guess they must have decided to just focus on Daredevil.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

15. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

Adam McKay speaks about rewriting the script, saying it was Paul Rudd that got him involved: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=109481

16. Captain Craig

Sounds like a lot of the core essence of what Wright did remains.
    They wrote in some higher octane action sequences and a few other things but overall it's looking like largely it's still at least a 50% Wright scripted film. Probably more.

Not to wild about the goatee having Pym that we've seen Michael Douglas sporting in those on set photos. Kinda feel that's a Stark and Strange look.

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Captain Craig

This is good news! Ant-Man, like the other films in the stable, are being revealed as more and more interesting as filming is underway. GotG was like that. It went from an agreed upon risky endeavor to a $94m opening due to how the timed reveal of information about the film came out. I'm not saying A-M opens to $94 but those that mocked GotG and do the same with Ant-Man might want to pull back just a bit.

Plus, while Edgar Wright is a fine enough filmmaker, if this described scene was one of his sticking points then shame on him for not fully understanding the sandbox he agreed to play in.
    This is exactly the kind of world building stuff the fans of these movies appreciate, both general audiences and hard core comic fans.

If this scene holds I'd imagine a younger recast Alexander Pierce just as they've done for Stark Sr. twice(one 30-ish, one 55+) is the route they'd go.

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Agreed with all of the above. Also, IIRC, they are using the same actor who played Howard Stark in Iron Man 2 in that role.

20. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's is an odd choice to me if they're using Hayley Atwell, since Agent Carter will use the actor from Captain America.