What Did You Have For Dinner Last Night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Nothing.

:(

2. mari

mari Captain Captain

Margaritaville Calypso Coconut Shrimp from the frozen section. The whole box. :)

3. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Leftover Indian food from the other night.

Which means I'm filling the office with zesty and festive curry farts this morning.

4. Lor'Vela

Lor'Vela Captain Captain

Cooked salmon with potatoes and runner beans.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did no one have dinner Friday night or something :) I made myself a Tuscany Ham Sandwich with a tiny bit of Italiano Steak seasoning and honey mustard. It was fantastic.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

A steak burrito from Taco Bell.

7. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Chipotle chicken florentine pizza. :drool:

8. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Just a can of Campbell's Chunky Soup. I was lazy.

9. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Made burgers that turned out to be a complete disaster. :(

10. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Mango and watermelon slices.

11. Admiral_Young

Went to our favorite pub last night to celebrate my two best friends B-Day and had my usual, Bangers and Mash! Also drank three Guinness and their house brew. It was a fun night.

12. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Just had a porkchop right off the grill, yep it was good!

13. Angela 0077

Angela 0077 Captain

Cheese on toast

Didnt feel like cooking tea

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

This was a good week for dinners. Tonight, I whipped up some cheddar hamburgers on our new grill, with some grilled asparagus. Last night, rain canceled our grill plans, so we just ordered in a sausage and onion pizza from the Roman Candle. Friday, we made scrambled eggs and sausage links. Thursday was a Jack's frozen pizza, as we had some stuff come up at night that necessitated us needing to eat dinner quickly. Wednesday was rice topped with beef and gravy. Tuesday was linguine aglio et olio (and holy shit, it was good).

This week is going to be even better, I think.

Monday: Pork tenderloin, rubbed with tarragon, mustard, sage, thyme and champagne vinegar, oven-roasted. Probably making mashed potatoes and applesauce with it.

Tuesday: Tuna casserole (tuna, elbow macaroni, diced onions, peas, cheddar cheese, mushroom soup).

Wednesday: Skillet lasagna or turkey burgers, depending on what I decide to pull down from my freezer tomorrow. Maybe some angel hair pasta in arrabbiata sauce, if I can convince my wife to roll with a spicy meal. (Or, I just make her a savory pan sauce and make the arrabbiata for myself.)

Thursday: STEAK. (Seared in cast-iron pan on stovetop, finished in oven to perfect medium rare. Served with asparagus.)

Friday: Probably something simple; I'd guess whole wheat pasta with sundried tomatoes and broccoli florets, topped with shredded parmesan cheese and a broccoli sauce (broccoli stalks, steamed with chicken stock and pureed with the reduced stock, salt and pepper). Hell yes.

Saturday: Oven-roasted ham with a cola / mustard / spice glaze, probably alongside some corn.

Sunday: Chicken stuffed with fontina, spinach, maybe artichokes.

Ideally, the only money I'll be spending this week is on a few additional grocery supplies here and there (fontina, spinach, broccoli). :cool:

15. Admiral_Young

^ That sounds like an epic dinner week. Was kidnapped by one of my best friends and taken to Denny's last night where I devoured a Western Burger and fries which filled me up. The previous night I ate two grilled cheese sandwiches.

16. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

What happened? :(

Meatloaf and potatoes.

17. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

The seasoning I used was way too overpowering, which is weird because usually I'll season them and they'll come out tasting way more bland than I had anticipated. Oh well, live and learn, right?

How was the meatloaf? Do you have a specific recipe or do you just sort of make it up as you go along?

I'm also looking for something new to do with potatoes, preferably something not too fatty, maybe some sort of seasoning and bake them in the oven type of thing. I'm open to suggestions!

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

19. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Potatoes, being starchy, take very well to being creatively seasoned. Garlic, onion powder, herbes de provence, oregano, thyme, sage ... pick a few. Bake the potatoes, then open them up, add the spices and mash the taters with a fork. Add a little bit (I mean a little bit, no more than a teaspoon) of olive oil, and you're swinging on a star.

20. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Last night, had fish and vegetables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.