24 returns as limited series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by bigdaddy, May 10, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The part in season 8 when jack where the mask and attacks Logan limo was best.

2. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

It was great. Don't get me wrong, I love Logan as a character and I think he was one of the best 24 villains there was, but my point is, where else is there to go with his character? He's occupied every part of the spectrum from good to evil and incompetent to Machiavellian. If they're going to bring the show back, they should bring in some fresh blood as the bad guy(s).

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the part where Jack goes "DAMMIT! Who are you working for?!?!?" :D

As for the new series: Perhaps they can do it without villains. Have Jack assist with a natural disaster or extreme weather event or something similar.

4. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

^That is an interesting thought, having the "enemy" be a natural disaster instead of humans. I would personally enjoy that, but I don't think they would go that route, since 24 likes to play with the theme of the evil of humanity.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Nah, let's blame terrorists for global warming / cooling. :)

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can Jack Bauer torture a hurricane?

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

TELL ME WHERE YOU CAME FROM!!!

TELL ME WHAT YOUR PLAN IS!!!!

;)

8. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

At the rate the show was progressing through time, it's gonna be about 2050 when Jack gets to CTU again, so have him thawed from a cryopod to stop a terrorist who's trying to destroy LA with an earthquake machine. That way you can try something new like a disaster and keep the terrorism theme of the show. ;)

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Unfortunately, I can actually see them going full-out sci-fi like that. :sigh:

10. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

It is now (official, that is)

Now...

BRING BACK PRESIDENT PALMER!!

11. Aragorn

24 is planning to crossover with Almost Human next year. :p

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Last we saw of Jack Bauer he was a fugitive wanted by both the American authorities and the Russians. Will they wrap that up on the show or are they just going to explain that away in a line or two of dialog?

13. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

Finally something good on tv once againtired of all these bloody realities tv shows.i looking forward to seeing the trailers for JACK IS BACK.

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'm really pleased about this. It comes soon after I'd given up hope on the movie ever getting off the ground.

The more I think about this, the more I think that this is the perfect vehicle for a 24 return. A 2 hour movie is too short and would be shorn of the show's distinct identity. And, the excellent Season 7 aside, the series was running out of ideas to fill a full 24 episodes. 12 episodes, taking place at different times over the same day, will allow them to make for a leaner and sharper adventure. No CTU moles, love-lives of supporting characters, cougars, amnesia and other silly sub-plots.

I'd like some way of resolving Jack's situation at the end of situation 8 - both the Americans and Russians were after him and he was in hiding. I appreciate that they can't spend a whole 12 episodes dealing with this storyline but I'd like a little more than a throwaway line to explain it. I assume that some situation will arise that only Jack can resolve and the US government will have to pardon him to get him to deal with it.

Chloe is bound to be a cert to return, Kim is also a likely. I'd love to see Tony Almeida come back after they completely shafted his character (crappy death in S5 and then making him a villain in S7) but this might be even harder than explaining Jack's return.

15. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

16. Aragorn

If early reports are true that they're jumping ahead several years again (meaning the terrorists will have laser guns, jet packs and robotic body parts), then lip service to how season 8 ended will probably be the case.

Unless it opens with, say, Jack and Tony being let out of prison because only they can stop a certain threat.

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to admit my first thought at 24 being brought back is renewed anger over Renee's pointless death in Season 8. That is still a stupid and pointless decision.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the show's return and having another open thread here on the boards. 12 episodes should cut the fact and best of all, the limited series will be written ahead of time. I didn't start watching 24 regularly until Season 7 but I've heard that the first 13 episodes of 24 were great because they were all written ahead of time. I heard the last 9 weren't as good because they were written after the show has been picked up for a full season.

18. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Yeah I wish Renee hadn't died, but at least it led to Unhinged Jack, with Chloe trying to rein him in. It was a great way to end the series.

I'm happy to see 24 return, even though I thought enough was enough when it finished. I think that being in a limited 12 episode run should be good for the show, as they can plan things out properly. A problem that often occurred when it was first on was when they'd just plan a few episodes out at a time, which would sometimes lead to a disjointed feel.

19. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

As long as we have our weekly Jack body count! LOL

20. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

TELL ME WHO YOU'RE WORKING WITH!!!!!

*Shoots Hurricane in the leg*

ANSWER ME?!

And then we find out it was the intern Tornado working at CTU Vegas headquarters