TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. muldwych who

muldwych who Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am a nooby TBG watcher :) and here to say hello.

I started to watch Trek last year in order but after watching TOS and TAS and first 5 films I gave it a break for a while, recently I took the trek watching back up and am now on S1 E4 of TNG and loving it.

Have been told that it gets better after S1 (growing the beard or something) so looking forward to it.

2. OrionKahless

OrionKahless Ensign Newbie

Hey all!

I'm a massive TNG fan, and was brought up watching it almost every day as my mum is obsessed with Patrick Stewart (I've seen him in theatre 5 times, and went to a special Patrick Stewart fan club meet and greet with my mum a few years back).

My favourite characters are Picard, Wesley, Riker, Q and Lwaxana.

My sister is the spitting image of Marina Sirtis in her younger days, unfortunatly she doesnt realise how much of a compliment that is when i tell her she's basically Deanna Troi!

I don't particularly like Dr Polaski in season 2, but that may be because he downright dismisses Data to begin with, and for some reason i can never get passed that with her.

I have too many favourite episodes to list them but any episode with Q is a winner.

3. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My handle is HaventGotALife, in reference to Shatner's '86 appearance on SNL. Star Trek was a part of my life before I knew what it was or could remember anything. My first memory is of watching Best of Both Worlds, I when it re-aired just before the 4th season premiere in 1989. I was a fanboy in my tweens and teens. My interest waned after DS9 went off the air and I came back to the fold in the lead-up to the re-boot movie. I registered here because of a poster on Star Trek.com said this was a good site.

I like TNG because it carries the essence of Trek. Exploration of the unknown without interfering in the culture, exploring our humanity, and our place in the universe. My favorite seasons are 1-5. The writing and performances are usually very good. Six and seven have a different energy and aren't as good in my estimation.

My favorite TNG character is probably Data. He asks the important questions even if there aren't any good answers for him. He quests to grow and learn and I think that's something we should all emulate.

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Hello,
    I'm Matt and I'm 31. I've been a TNG fan since I saw "Encounter at Farpoint" when it first aired in '87.

5. Thomas.B

Thomas.B Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm Thomas, 41 Years old.
    I think Next Generation is the best version of Star Trek. I did tune in hoping the crew would get a little crazy or be more fun loving, but the show really did succeed because it was so thoughtful and positive. I liked Troi, Data, and Worf (in the later episodes) the most. I liked the episodes centered on Lt. Barclay too.
    Really all the characters had good moments over the whole series. I think the movies weren't an ideal format for this crew because it was an ensemble. The stories that got really close to one character and went pretty far into that character's mind were the best episodes.

6. wescrusherfan84

wescrusherfan84 Ensign Red Shirt

Hello my name is casio. Yes it is.. i am 27.. i am a big wil wheaton fan. I like him... dont like it... to ------ing bad... Anyways never seen T.O.S besides the best of DVDS and i am starting on season 4 of NEXT GENERATION! Its the 1st time i seen them... i was young when they 1st aired and my mom and dad where not realy TV likers back then...

7. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome wescrusherfan84. I am also a fan of Wesley Crusher (and Wil Wheaton in general). You're starting on Season 4? Get ready for some fantastic television. Many Season 4 episodes are among my personal favorites. Now, I'm a little older than you are (not by much, I'm 31), and watched TNG during it's first run, and the anticipation I felt each week as I stayed up past my bedtime was worth the bleary eyed school mornings the next day. :lol:

Oh, to do it all over again as if it were new. I hope you enjoy these coming episodes. :)

8. wescrusherfan84

wescrusherfan84 Ensign Red Shirt

Thanks J. Allen for the nice wellcome!

9. spooky spice

spooky spice Commander Red Shirt

*peeks in door* oh hai

10. kamilligram

kamilligram Cadet Newbie

Hi there, my name is Kamilla and I'm 28 years old, and a huge TNG fan.

My favorite character is of course Picard, but I also have a weak spot for Dwarf. The ones I don't appreciate quite as much is Natasha Yar and Riker (I'm sorry, just can't like him).

My favorite moment is actually one with my much hated Yar, when she seduces Data. I laught so hard <3

11. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fellow TNG fan here too, known as Keith1701
    I'm a big fan of anything do with Star Trek. I have enjoyed TREK since I was 6 years old (1966) On September 13, 2011, I will turn 51 years old, but my heart remains a true STAR TREK fan both now and in the future.:):)

12. spockrocks

spockrocks Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi, I'm Bill, 49 years old and new to this site. I grew up watching TOS and was a little skeptical when the new series came out, but I enjoyed it from the start. My favs are Beverly Crusher and Data.

13. fish11111111111

fish11111111111 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm also a true fan of Star Trek,,, I was also watching it as a little girl,,,, then I am 48 years old,,,, star trek forever,,,, I wish they would bring back the one show that I loved so much a part of Star Trek from the old generation,,,, let that be your last Battlefield,,,, that's how far I go back,,,,, if they can only continue it,,,, I'm trying to do my best,,,, to bring it back,,,,, but I'm not sure how yet but I am thinking for about a year now,,,,,, Star Trek forever,,,,,,

14. printingray

printingray Guest

Sticker printing

Hi i am David Ross from printingray.com live in USA.....

15. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi I'm Miles, 19, and I've seen TNG series, all of it, at least three times. Though the first season was horrendous, things improved considerably from season 2 and onwards. TNG isn't quite my favorite series but it does have my all-time favorite episode The Inner Light.

16. fish11111111111

TNG series is an okay show for the last three time,,, but the inner light is a good Star Trek show I really like,,, and everything will be okay,, show is great,,, the actors are good,,, as long as goes with this script as well,,,, makes it pretty good show in the end,,,

17. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Keith1701 from Warner Robins, Georgia I have been a STAR TREK FAN since I was 6 years old.:bolian:

18. Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi there! My name is Stephanie, and I have been a TNG fan for about 20 years--I picked up the series when season 6 was airing new episodes when I was about 12 years old. Since then, I have grown to appreciate just how excellent the series truly is.

I have always been a fan of Dr. Crusher, and today, I attribute this to the fact that she portrayed a type of character that I identified with. I think today, given I work in a professional, specialized line of work, I draw a lot upon the characteristics that Dr. Crusher has, whether consciously or otherwise. I think that it was very hard to find too many women who fell into that category then. And today....well, we have "Jersey Shore."

I always enjoy meeting new people with similar interests. It's great to be here.

19. Worf'sParmach

Worf'sParmach Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone!

I can't believe I'm just discovering these boards. I'm a Star Trek fan from waaaay back- I watched, TNG and DS9 and VOY when they were first run. I have seen every ep of TNG (more than once) and almost every ep of DS9 and VOY. Now that they are all on Netflix, it's renewed by interest and I've been rewatching and redicovering my favorite episodes and characters.

Oh, and I'm a HUGE Worf fan. Love all things Klingon.

20. fish11111111111

I've also seen all of the shows,,, from Star Trek,,,next generation, deep space nine,,, and Voyager,,,,

my favorite characters are the cheron....