Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

3. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Well, Hollywood found its skinny waif to play Wonder Woman.

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Well, she does kind of look Greek.

5. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

the movie is getting awfully crowded! I also hope they beef her up a little.

6. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

We don't know how big a role Diana has in the film, it might just be a minor role.

Heck, we don't even know if Luthor's going to be in this.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

There's no reason why Wonder Woman should look Greek. In mythology, the Amazons were the enemies of the Greeks. The whole point of them was that they were a barbarian culture from a remote, alien land and represented the "evil" opposite of Greek gender values. In mythology, they're generally said to be from Scythia -- the modern Ukraine -- or Turkey, though some sources put them in Libya instead. They may have been inspired by real-life Asian horse nomad cultures from the region, in which gender roles would've been fairly egalitarian. So if anything, one should expect Amazons to be more Middle Eastern or Central/Southwest Asian.

Although DC Amazons are a multiethnic nation of refugees from cultures all over the world, at least in the post-Crisis/pre-New 52 era. Not to mention that Diana was molded from clay, so heredity really isn't a factor for her.

Anyway, looking into Gal Godot online, I'd say she'll need to put on a fair amount of muscle for the role. Otherwise, she could pull off the look, but I don't know whether she's a good actress.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

She's got a nice facial look for Wonder Woman/Diana, but, I'd like to see her thicker at least in the arms

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I worry about her height at only 5'9 she will be dwarfed by Cavill and Affleck. Not what I picture when I picture WW. She will also need to hit the gym more than a little.

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't say I remember her much from the F&F films, but she's definitely cute as hell and I'm sure will look great in the costume.

And the fact they're announcing the casting like this makes me think it must be more than just a cameo at the end. Otherwise they'd probably try to keep the whole thing quiet for as long as possible.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Meh. Never heard of her. So, I can't muster a strong opinion.
    Though, I worry that they are really packing in all of these characters. Snyder isn't someone that I think handles story well, so... Call me skeptical that this is a good idea. But, it's all in the execution. Which I also don't think Snyder is very good at. So...

12. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.

:shrug:

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Some google shots of her look good, like when she's working out, but in empire's picture, she seems way to frail and weak
    [​IMG]

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm happy with the casting, but Wonder Woman deserves her own film. Shoehorning her into Superman vs. Batman for her first appearance would not have been my first choice.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

She looks smaller than the Wonder Woman from that horrible TV pilot, and the TV pilot WW was too small for the role, too (although that was probably the least of the WW pilot's problems). I mean, you don't need to find a body builder style Wonder Woman (a female body builder in the role would be way too creepy) but a short, super model thin WW is just as bad. But, its a movie, so even more than TV they need to go with the atractiveness of the actress as the #1 decision for who will play DC's leading female hero, with acting ability a second and actually looking the part probably not even a consideration. That said, there are a few actresses that could have nailed all three (Sif from Thor would have been a good choice), but I'm not sure about this woman. She could be a great actor, I can't judge that yet. Then again, its the Man of Steel sequel. They could cast the perfect actress, and it would still be a David S. Goyer DC superhero film. That being the case, it really doesn't matter who they cast, its not like they'll be playing anything approaching the actual character anyway, so they might as well cast a random (and, judging from her work, most likely a relatively cheap) actress to play WW.

If nothing else, when the movie comes out JMS will probably be able to say that he no longer holds the title for the most poorly written WW ever :lol:

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I would have prefered whatshername from Thor, but hopefully Gal will work out fine.

I don't remember her at all in any of the Fast and Furious movies though.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

In response to the people who think Ms. Gadot is frail and weak: She did a 2-year stint in the Israeli Army. Okay, she was a "sports trainer" in the army according to Wikipedia, so we're not exactly talking special forces, but I assume there was quite a physical fitness regimen nonetheless. And apparently she's successfully portrayed an action heroine in several of the Fast and Furious films.

The fact is, people don't have to be bulky to be strong. We've been brainwashed by bodybuilders and comic-book artists to assume that, but genuinely strong people, those whose muscles are for everyday use rather than display, are often quite wiry.

And yes, Wonder Woman is supposed to be 6'0", but then, Wolverine's supposed to be 5'3" and Hugh Jackman is a foot taller. And movies have been faking actors' and actresses' heights for generations.

Anyway, Ms. Gadot is 5'9", which is the same height as Jaimie Alexander, and half an inch shorter than Lynda Carter.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  18. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Wonder Woman is often imagined as an all-American Lynda Carter type, so I'm glad they went for more of a Mediterranean look, which the character should have, in my opinion.

The actress needs to bulk up a bit, but that's not uncommon for these types of roles. As for height, films play around with that all the time (see: Tom Cruise). Not a big deal.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't look at this thread without reading it as "Gul" Gadot. :cardie: :lol:

As for WW and who should play her: I dunno, how about Gabrielle Miller? She's Canadian, but I think she could pull it off.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coh-RZtjRp4[/yt]

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

OK, googled some images from the FF movies, now I remember her character and her. Yeah, they might need to get her a weight trainer if they plan to use anything approaching the classic WW costume. Other than that, she had pretty good screen presence in those movies.

Look at this pic and you can imagine her as WW:
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3669134080/nm2933757?ref_=nmmd_md_nxt