Kira Nerys = Hot

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by EJA, Jun 22, 2007.

1. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I think that Jadzia was the most beautiful woman on DS9.

2. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

^LOL!!! Hot enough to raise the dead! That's a good one!

3. Cmdr.Druss

Cmdr.Druss Lieutenant Red Shirt

While Nana Visitor is obviously attractive, I don't like Kira so it's hard to see her as hot.
    Now Dax on the other hand...:drool:

4. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  5. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I've always loved the character, but it was always Dax who I thought was the sexiest (even more so than Seven and T'Pol, frankly).

7. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I absolutely cannot stand her character. She's a whiny religious fanatic who jumps to a conclusion in every episode only to be proved wrong and that not all cardassians are bad. I mean, How many episodes do we need before she learns and stops judging? I like her interactions with Odo though, I just think Kira specific episodes are among the worst.

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

She cried for Marritza, was friends with Ziyal, "daughter" to Tekeny, and became a resistance fighter for Cardassia. I'd say she learned the lesson you mentioned.

9. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This! Plus, I believe she also came to very much admire Damar. Kira's learning/healing arc is one of the best on this show. Most people with a past like hers would not be as willing to open their minds to loving or having sympathy for any Cadassian. But Kira did! That's amazing stuff.

10. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

It's weird, Kira on screen in DS9 I find to be good looking, but not even close to "super hot" status.

However, when I met Nana Visitor at a signing event in London a few years ago I was struck by how attractive she was in "real life" as it were.

11. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised there isn't much recognition of Kira as a romantic character. There are so few good relationships in ST: they are either off camera (Sulu, Tuvok), short-lived (Marcus, Worf with K'Ehleyr and Jadzia Dax), complicated by career (virtually everyone Picard was involved with), or practically sabotaged by the characters discomfort with emotions and physicality (Seven of Nine, Torres, Data, T'Pol). There were good relationships on DS9--the O'Briens and, eventually, Sisko-Yates--but Kira's were the only to obtain any romantic depth. That's not to say that they were perfect relationships or that they were, in general, great representations of romance. However, they evolved against the backdrop of an evermore depressing narrative, without undermining Kira's basic character, and without making sex "weird."

I think I feel the opposite way. Visitor is loopy, IMO; Farrell was the truly stunning beauty. However, the character and the performance greatly elevated her attractiveness.

12. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I think the main problem there is, with the exception of Odo, Kira's boyfriends were boooooor-ing! ;)

I mean, were Bareil and Shakaar not two of the least interesting men ever to grace DS9?

13. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm in the minority that liked Bareil apparently.

14. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When I was a teen I had completely inappropriate dreams about Jadzia and Kira. Then later on, Mirror Ezri joined the fun too :).

DS9 probably has the hottest main female cast in Trek. Original Uhura is alright, and I had a weird thing for M'Ress that brings my sanity in to further question, but I was never keen on Rand. TNG has the least hot female main cast by far, Voyager's aint much better. At least ENT upped the hotness factor with Hoshi and T'Pol. Nu-Uhura is completely unattractive to me, bad call JJ.

15. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

"Hands of the Prophets" Bareil was cool. It was downhill after that.

16. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe those two guys were sentient cardboard creatures. That's how boring they are.

18. Data girl

Data girl Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I do wish Kira and dukat would have gotten together just once.

19. Jerikka Dawn

Jerikka Dawn Captain Captain

Don't let Kira hear you say that. And that is wrong on every level imaginable.

20. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never thought she was hot.

The Dukat/Kira stuff makes me puke. Don't do that to Kira, it's wrong.