What Are You Working On (And How Are You Getting There)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kestra, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm working on drinking by drinking.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Working on a certification process at work that when accomplished, will qualify me for a supervisory role.

3. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Think I'm gonna try and make at least one game this season, plus I'm seriously considering going to the All-Star game. Would love to be around the hype of that one.

Good luck in your move, I know of the employment explosion of where you are going. Do you think this will be a long term move for you or a few years thing and move on?

4. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Currently I'm working on training required for leadership in my older son's Boy Scout Troop. They're heading to a high adventure camp at Northern Tier in Minnesota this summer, and I'm going along.

So lots of water, and first aid related requirements for the adults. It's all interesting and valuable info.

5. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

That sounds awesome! MN is going to be my new next door neighbor, so I'd love to explore it some more this summer.

The boom is supposed to last for quite a while, so my hope is to get entrenched long term and make plenty of contacts for the future, but we'll see where it goes. I could see myself as a city engineer if the consulting work dries up, or moving on as I am single with no kids and thus mobile. If I re-marry and start a family, that may all change.

Good luck to you as well with your move and work.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  6. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that I have completed my Payroll Certification i am really hoping i can either get a related job within my company, or move on to another organization. Here's to hoping it's soon.

7. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

This is my favourite sentence of the week. :lol:

At the moment, my son is my main project. Just yesterday he discovered his own hands, and he has been looking at them suspiciously since then.

8. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

It's brilliant, isn't it? IMO there is nothing more fascinating than the astonishing development of human children in their first few years. It's well worth the challenge of parenting.

9. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

It's more than brilliant, it's amazing. As soon as he was nearing the 3 months milestone, he started to engage the world at an incredible pace. He's alert, aware, inquisitive, and thoughtful. You can almost hear the gears starting to spin faster and faster in his head, trying to figure out what is all about.

It's fast, and I want to be there as much as possible, because I know I would regret missing it.