The Lost Jem Hedar Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Smellincoffee, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I've been watching DS9's sixth season, and when the big Dominion fleet from the Gamma Quadrant vanished before Sisko's eyes, I wondered if any TrekLit author had tried to do something with the "lost 28,000". I seem to remember hearing some discussion about them before..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Second season? The only time something like that happened that I recall was in season six. If that's what you're referring to, then those Jem Hadar played a small role in DS9:Unity by S.D. Perry.

3. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

:lol: Sixth, yes. I also just started TNG's second season so I may have gotten my numbers confused. It's been a long time since I read Unity.

4. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

It was also 2800 ships, not 28,000 :p

5. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow I had forgotten all about that. Can someone remind me what happened in Unity with them again?

6. bfollowell

bfollowell Captain Captain

Same here. I just read Unity a few months back and I sure don't remember anything about a missing fleet turning up. Of course, it's been a long time since I saw that episode too, so to be fair, I really don't remember a fleet going missing in the first place.

7. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Well, since you asked nicely.
    At the end of the book, the queen "Conspiracy" parasite is in a basement on Bajor with all of the Orbs. Somebody (Kira, I think) cracks them all open at once, and the queen gets transported into the the White Space with the heartbeat where the Prophets like to talk to Ben. It sort of flails around a bit, trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Meanwhile, the bridge crew of one of the Jem Hadar bug ships is also in the White Space, trying to figure out where their ship and their fleet just went. Then they see the queen being giant and disgusting, and decide that it needs killing.

8. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

I always thought it would have been cool if they were transported to the delta quad and left there. that's enough ships to start a good little empire

9. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

I've had my own idea on the matter and generally involves the Prophets spitting the fleet out in a different era.

10. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've always assumed that the Fleet was being "held" onto in a form of stasis lock and once the Ascendants arc started up, they've be released into the arms of a Reformed Dominion under Odo & Laas.

Or maybe not.