Trublood Season 6 discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Q2UnME, Jun 19, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I thought this was a really good episode. Contrasting the funeral with the events at the prison and then dovetailing with the scene of Jason letting whatsername go was very effective.

Now I'm wondering if this group of vampires is permanently immune to the sun or if it will wear off.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I was wondering the same thing. Bill has been able to spend quite a long time out in the sun after drinking just one little vial of Warlow's Blood. I imagine Eric will need to get out of the sun sooner rather than later though. The effects of drinking Sookie's blood didn't last long on either him or Bill when they drank it in the past.

3. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow horrible season finale on top of a horrible season. For a moment there i thought the part with Eric was going to be the cliffhanger. That would have been tragic and yet a comedic way out. Everything that happened beyond that point was just bleh. As usual, I'll watch the show until it ends, which is hopefully soon. :T

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the finale yet. I assume the vampires will not permanently be able to stay in the sunlight. Otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense that Lillith was able to die from sunlight after drinking Warlowe's blood millenia ago.

5. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

I liked most of this season, but this episode showed why they need to return to 12 episodes. They just sort of copped out of the whole Warlow thing. They completely left the wolf thing dangling (not that that was a particularly compelling storyline anyway).

BSG-style time jump that was weirdly placed and weirdly handled, yet it DOES push the show in another direction. So there's that.

Shouldn't the Hep V vampires have died already instead of becoming bloodthirsty evil zombies? Last week that baby vamp's maker was dying from just one dose of tainted TruBlood. So how are these ones still alive after 6 months?

Violet has actually grown on me. Her pairing with Jason is funny and the "I <3 u truly, madly, deeply" shirt she had on made me laugh out loud. She's actually kind of adorable. In a weird way.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The news report said that Hep V had mutated.

Fake Zombies.

So silly.

7. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So did the Scandinavian pretty-boy get a better job, and just wanted to go out with a cock-shot or what? I'm guessing the fire will melt some snow, and he'll fall down into a cave or something. Maybe sleep in a Tauntaun. Fuck if I know. As much as I'd like it to be the case, I seriously doubt his death is going to be 'gone up in flames on the other side of the planet without anyone ever knowing'.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

He's just going to bury himself like Bill did in the first season. Dunno why it's even a concern, especially with all the snow around. Not to mention the yelling and chances of an avalanche that'll do the work for him.

9. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Warlowe stuff was stupid and the ending lacked any kind of real impact. The second he smacked Sookie and went back into 'bad guy' mode it took away any kind of real emotional impact from killing him.

I don't think the show is very consistent with how long it takes a vampire to die in the sun, but it may also be tied into their age. Eric will be back unless the actor is too busy with other projects, the writers didn't kill off the character though and left it open.

I'm completely onboard with Violet. She's pretty cool and I like that she's a bit crazy obsessive, but also can talk normally and act sweet. It's kind of a "Tsundere" to borrow a Japanese anime/manga term. But not quite since she still can act bitchy to Jason even in private "like no pleasure for him lol."

The Hep V thing by the TV report saying it mutated it would make me believe that the virus has now changed into a strain that isn't immediately lethal. I'm going to guess that it now requires the vampires who catch it to feed more often which is why they're now in packs and attacking towns. The fact that even fairly young vampires like Jessica or Tara can be seen as 'protectors' against these vampires makes me wonder if the Hep-V makes even a much older vampire fairly weak.

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, Eric will just bury himself in cool, refreshing snow. Or Pam will swoop down just in time and bury them both and they will cuddle until nightfall and be reborn as a couple.

And Alcide finally gets to sleep with Sookie (although we don't actually see it-- I wonder if those two actors don't like each other in real life). Jason and Jessica both have significant others who will be interesting additions for next season. And Merlot's is renamed Balfour's. And Bill is just Bill again. And Gramps is back.

And the Walking Undead cracked me up. I wonder if season 7 will actually be a Vampire Apocalypse. :rommie:

11. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

that was possibly the most disjointed and awkward finale they've done. i kept expecting it to pick up and for something good to happen but it all felt really forced.

if anyone has seen the season 4 finale of Sons of Anarchy, it felt a lot like that... just a shifting of pieces to setup characters for the next series

12. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Wait, that was a season finale? Oy.

13. Guy Gardener

10 episode season... Were their problems behind the camera?

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I thought it was because of Anna Paquin's pregnancy.

15. Guy Gardener

Would we really have minded a couple episodes without her?

The rest of the cast entirely seems to be strong enough to hold their own, and most of the non Sookie story lines were "better".

UV bullets seem effective, but let me guess, this is Chris Rock in action, UV Bullets cost 300 dollars per round?

Silver nitrate in the water supply.

Replace the street lights with UV bulbs.

How bad is this Zombie vampire problem that the Government gives up?

Are they still dying?

The only way that this would be a significant problem is if hepv ONLY made Vakpires into mad dogs. If they're still immortal, crazy, in constant pain and pissed, no wonder there's a problem... Of course the real issue fro attacking entire towns would be a geometric increase in appetite.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  16. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did anyone else read the title for the finale beforehand ("Radioactive") and figure that they only chose that title because they wanted to play that overplayed song? :lol:

Ok, I know they've done the song title thing before, but this seemed to be a pretty big stretch even for them.

17. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Watched it last night with my wife and it was a pretty uneven episode, much like the whole season has been. At one point I turned to my wife and asked her if it felt like a longer than usual and she said yes, even though it was of regular length. Not a good sign.

18. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Well, that's True Blood for you. None of it ever makes any sense, and trying to make sense of it is pointless. Yes, the way that Warlow dying made every day vampire lose their powers probably means Lilith never should have died from the sun, but that doesn't matter.

This was a terrible finale and really nothing of consequence really even happened this season:

Warlow's gonna come get you! Oh, but he's nice. But no he's not! Oh he's dead now, the end.

Bill is a super vampire! He can't be killed and has super powers. He does little with these powers. He loses these powers and is back to normal.

Alcide is now a pack master. And now he's really mean! Oops, he's not pack master anymore, and is right back to where he was.

Etc.

And the worst roll eye moment was Tara and her mom. Just terrible writing.

19. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Money problems

20. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, that was disappointing. I chuckled about Eric's rather unexpected death, though. (I'm a bad person.)

So, now they have zombie vampires. How lame. I also don't quite get why they're allowed to roam around freely. We've gone from vampire Holocaust to a complete hands-off approach by authorities in the space of 6 months. That doesn't make any sense.