Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Sounds like I'm going to wait a while before I try to play. I'll bet Neverwinter is affected as well (if it's a login issue). At least I still have Pokemon :p

2. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    The game is back up, but of course there are log-in queues.

I made two Romulans in the character creator, one engineer and one tactical, just to have them ready. Bailed at the queue, though, because I need to go to bed shortly. One will ally with the KDF, and one with the Federation. And the first time I've made a female character.

Once I get them allied, I'll post them in the other thread. Have a story worked out for them and everything.

Jolan tru!

3. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went with two as well. A Romulan who will ally with the Fed, and a Reman who will ally with the KDF.

My Romulan will be a Reunificationist, Staffing her ship with Romulans and Vulcans, as well as Remans. I chose a Reman as my KDF character because I see Klingons more accepting of Remans than Romulans.

4. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally got in, myself. I really havent' had a chance to see how the new stuff plays, but at least it's new and different. Planning on enjoying the freshness.

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

My Plan now is to have one active character in each faction.

Tactical in Starfleet, just because it's my main now anyway, my new Science Captain with the Romulans, because they still are sneaky basterds ;), and I will create a new Engineering Captain in the KDF to complete the trio.

I still have about 8-9 more characters I don't use, I may delete them, not sure. I don't even use them for farming anymore.
    Which is a pity. Some of them I had since the beginning of the game, but they have hopelessly fallen behind in gear and resources.

6. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Playing my new Orion KDF Lt. to the 'Heart of Glory' soundtrack.

Edit: My 'thing' is to tell any other Orion female officers I see to put on proper clothing. We're never going to get the respect we deserve by dressing like some fanboys fantasy!

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  7. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

I do like the new HUD/UI...
    And Timelord, i deleted Samuel Vimes today as well...

Some screenshots, including the Engine Room and Romulan HQ, also the Federation inspired Romulan and Reman uniform:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

how many of you managed to play the game before the people playing the game went up

9. Rincewiend

10. Ruaidhri

It's a little amusing, but I keep seeing all these rage posts on the STO Facebook updates about the queues. People are listing queue positions in the tens of thousands.

This morning, I had twenty minutes to kill before leaving for work, so I figured I'd see if the game servers were up. I got in with no wait, and played the first couple missions on Virinat. Logged out and caught the bus.

My timing must have been perfect.

11. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Are you Gold? That would put you ahead in the queue or right into the game if only silvers are waiting.

12. Ruaidhri

No, just a little ol' silver.

Wanted to see if my luck would hold out, but alas, I tried a short time ago and was about 13,000th in line, LOL.
    This morning it must have been a combination of divine providence and time of day.

13. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

It certainly looks like Legacy of Romulus has succeeded at getting the fans attention, at least.

If that corresponds to financial success, I guess we can expect Legacy of Cardassia in a year or two.

14. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

I should feel guilty, when I logged in today the queue was over 20k!!! I was like omg 20k, then zap I was in... I should feel guilty... but for some reason I don't. As a lifetime member I guess the old adage is true, ya get what ya pay for... thank god I got it during a good sale a while back.

I was in the test beta but glad it's live now. Had a blast playing with fellow fleet mates today, I sooooo love our fleet. :)

edit: oh yeah, and the rage posts at the sto forums are just funny to read!

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  15. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With the drop in price I've decided to go lifetime (it would cost me nearly as much to get the 1000 vet reward paying monthly).

So very nice to login and see "You are 9th in a queue of 20,000" before quickly entering the game. :bolian:

16. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I'm silver but I didn't have any queues yesterday

17. Ruaidhri

Once is an anomaly, twice us a trend. It seems as though between 6:30-7:30am Eastern time is a good time to avoid login queues.

18. Rincewiend

There are players who already got to the Romulan endgame within 24 hours...
    Madness...

19. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah. I saw lots of people complaining that there wasn't any easy missions they could use to level quickly. I don't understand that mentality. Half the fun is playing through the levels.

20. Ruaidhri

Amen to that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.