All I Got Left is My THREAD BOMBS!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spaceman Spiff, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

You're not wrong. Maybe it's simply the fact that more liberals read this thread than non-liberals. Or the fact that SPOCKED's outright hatred for President Obama isn't quite as endearing as poking fun at Mitt Romney's innate hypocrisy. :shrug:

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

The key is humor. SPOCKED's images just weren't that funny.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

That could be. Pointing out the legitimate flaws of a public figure that wants to run a world superpower certainly has more merit than the ones from the other side that didn't actually say anything.

4. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's the new Tharp.

5. doubleohfive

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

From the TNG caption contest, it's...PhilosoRiker!

7. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Indeed. I don't find Spocked, nor 005s pictures very amusing, but then again, I'm not American.

8. doubleohfive

That probably also has at least something to do with the fact that you just can't stand missing a chance to taking your potshots at me. As far as *that* goes, this is one of your more disappointing attempts. Then again, that's too is probably par for the course. :lol:

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just think Mitt Romney has crazy eyes. On that note alone, I find those pictures funny.

10. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I'm sorry?

I've got no idea what you're on about by pot shots when ever I can fire your way.

I didn't find yours nor Spocked politically minded pictures funny.

11. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Indeed they are. I suppose they can be licensed or maybe that's why they're no longer sold in the US. I did go out and buy a Curly Wurly after this thread though...

12. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I have one similar to that from a few months ago, must go dig it out now. :lol:

13. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias."

:techman:

14. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

15. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. I get them from World Market. You can order them by the case through amazon.com! :drool: I loved Marathon bars when I was a kid. Curly Wurly isn't quite the same thing, but just as tasty.

[​IMG]

16. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Not two minutes after my post my order was in. :techman: Now... is the waiting game... :cool:

17. ShamelessMcBundy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[​IMG]

18. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

[​IMG]

005's images were funny, creative, and looked like they took at least some effort to create. Spocked's images were none of those things.

005's images addressed actual policy concerns he had with Romney rather than simply being kneejerk anti-Obama or anti-Democrat pics with no actual commentary beyond "I don't like these things."

005's images don't contain any small penisy type things like "I don't like hippie Prius' just because, so fuck you, I'm going to dickishly pollute even more than I have to." It's just a hybrid electric car, it's not personally delivering horrifying environmental legislation to ram down your throat or making you drive it, so what are you so threatened by? BTW, conservatism used to be about conservation and protecting the environment too before it got hijacked by the current radicals who would think Nixon was a hippie treehugger for starting the EPA.

The poster's history comes into play as well, with Spocked's posting career since stepping down as a mod taking on a rather one-note anti-liberal-democrat/Obama/environmental, etc. nature, sometimes even when it has nothing to do with the content of the thread. 005 doesn't have that issue in the opposite direction. When one sounds like a broken record, people tend to want to turn it off or tune it out.

Expressing a personal opinion one way or the other is not actually a double-standard anyway, any more than someone saying they prefer Led Zeppelin over Styx is (am I aging myself there?). If Spocked had been forbidden from posting anti-Obama photos while anti-Romney photos were given the go ahead, that would be a double-standard. Anything else is just people speaking their mind, and obviously since there are more liberals on the board their opinions are usually going to be more prominent.

While I'd prefer that we refrained from making this thread too political precisely because it does tend to lead to tangential discussions like this instead of just posting more funny pictures, I realize that in the lead up to the election that's a bit of a hard sell. So, I would hope people would at least put the effort into it to make it creative and humorous like 005 did and focus on policy disagreements rather than "Democrats/Obama or Republicans/Romney are bad, mmkay?"

19. ShamelessMcBundy

20. doubleohfive

x2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.