Princess Kate (aka the Duchess of Cambridge) is Pregnant!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ro_Laren, Dec 3, 2012.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

that one.

2. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Feel sorry for the family of that nurse but there is no way that was the only reason she killed herself.
    Wish they would leave the DJs alone they said sorry, people do this sort of thing all the time, It was no where near as bad as the Andrew Sachs business.
    This pregnancy seems to be turning into the Omen part 5. She probably went to hospital with nicotine withdrawal symptoms. I meen she must smoke a lot, she looks about 45.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

You've shared aspects of your personal medical history online here before. So, judging by your comments above, if you were admitted to the hospital, and I contacted them falsely posing as a member of your family in order to gain personal medical information, as long as I didn't learn anything more than what you've shared here online, it's perfectly okay and legal for me to do that?

Please tell me you recognize the significant difference between the family choosing to release personal medical information on their own through the St. James Palace press release, and radio DJs using false pretenses to try and gain access to that information and more from the hospital without permission?

The fact that they were supposedly unsuccessful in gaining more information than was provided in the press release (and all we have to go on that is your word, since the article says they got "detailed information" which could imply they got more than what was in the release) doesn't negate the fact that they tried to gain more information and did so using fraudulent identification; any more than someone trying to commit murder and failing to do so doesn't negate the fact that they tried (and no, I'm not comparing it to anything that serious; just using an example).

I'm not saying they need to be arrested or anything so drastic, but suspension, termination, or a fine would be in order, and I certainly would fire the lawyers who approved the prank going on the air. I don't know the exact legal details in Australia (though I would think patient privacy laws cover this there as well), but it would surely seem to run afoul of patient privacy laws in the UK where the call was received (and it would violate HIPAA law in the US as well had it happened here). I would think it would constitute fraud or something similar as well.

Obviously, the hospital needs to review its policies as well (and the article suggests it is), since the nurse should have never released information over the phone based on the recognition of a voice alone without further confirmation of identification. Clearly the nurse was a bit starstruck. Her recognition of this and possible guilt and thinking it might affect her job could have been one of many contributing factors in her committing suicide. Obviously there had to be a lot more at play there for her to kill herself and the DJs could not have known that would happen, but they should have known she could have potentially been fired or suspended from work for this, and regardless of the consequences it was still very wrong for them to do.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kate has always looked very happy and healthy in every pic I've ever seen of her. She certainly doesn't look 45.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95JDNywA3A[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4kH5wAXmdY[/yt]

6. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do feel bad for them. I mean, a reprimand (suspension w/o pay or something like that) would have been just fine, but with the addition of the nurse's suicide, there was no way they were going to come out of this in one piece, either emotionally or career-wise. They played a stupid prank, and it backfired horribly on them.

7. stoneroses

stoneroses Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I fucking hate Morrisey...

9. Locutus of Bored

No, it REALLY isn't a good point, at all. It's about as far away from a good point as one can get. It's a completely dickish point in fact.

I don't give a shit that he's got a hard-on for the Royals and thinks they're arrogant (no problem there, at least for some of them) or that no one can speak out against them (which is an odd thing to say as he's freely speaking out against them... which he's done for decades without consequence), but where the fuck does he get off saying Middleton is partially to blame for this nurse's death because "she was in the hospital as far as he can see for absolutely no reason"? I wasn't aware he was Dr. Morrissey OB/GYN now and knows when a woman who is pregnant for the first time should or shouldn't feel compelled to go to the doctor.

And was she supposed to predict that her hospital stay would result in an Australian radio DJ prank which would contribute to an emotionally troubled nurse's suicide? No wonder he's so vehemently anti-monarchist; apparently they're psychic and have been withholding vital information about the future from the British public all this time. I guess Middleton automatically acquired her powers through marriage.

What an asshole. He's got no business calling anyone arrogant.

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I sometimes wonder how many steps away from going full on David Icke Morrissey is?

11. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow! What on earth do you see good in this, Stoneroses?!

The good points are the ones made by HoHoHocutus.

12. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh Morrissey. You make being a fan so fucking hard sometimes. Tip: Morrissey rarely, if ever, makes "a good point". He's an eccentric idiot who happens to be a brilliant songwriter, despite being giant twat.

Anyway. On the earlier subject:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20710644

Which is a much better way of saying what I was trying to say earlier in the thread.

13. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Meat is murder and the vegetables are revolting. Eat coal or learn how to photosynthesize.

14. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

What he says here I have no doubt is true

"And I'm sure the Palace and Clarence House put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse, and of course that's kept away from the press. I'm sure the British press hounded this poor woman to her death, that's kept away. And by this time next week she'll be forgotten. And that's how the British royals work."

With people like Max Clifford for example around, and all the stuff about what he covers up so blatently available, I find it laughable people still seem to just believe everything they read in these shit rags.

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

It's all a giant conspiracy!!

Pretty soon people will be suggesting it wasn't suicide after all, and that Prince Phillip ordered the hit.

16. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    It's all energy synthesis one way or the other why quibble over the source or method, the only solution is to throw one self into a black hole and be done with it.

17. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

It's always Prince Philip isn't it? He's going to have you hit now for working it out, and me for working out that he got a hit on you.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

And yet curiously Morrissey, the beacon of truth justice and the American way, gets to live...you'd think he'd be first on the list given all the secret information (not to mention medical knowledge) he's privy too.

Maybe he knows too much to kill?

19. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

That's the biggest secret of them all. Morrissey actually runs it all, and uses the others to distract us from his master plan.

20. Locutus of Bored

He's like Fox Mulder. If you kill him, you risk making a martyr out of him. Except for all those times they tried to kill him.