Which special are you most looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Aug 2, 2013.

?

Which episode?

1. November 23 - 50th Anniversary Special

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. November 23 - An Adventure in Space and Time

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. December 25 - Christmas Special + 12th Doctor intro

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Personally I'm looking forward to An Adventure in Space and Time. The chance to see the genesis of the show is gonna be great.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

50th anniversary. I'm sorry that only Tennant is returning but it'll be great to see him interacting with Smith and I'm looking forward to seeing the mystery of the Hurt Doctor being revealed. I don't know enough about the Xmas special to get really excited and, honestly, I'm not looking forward to Matt leaving. Perhaps when I see who the new Doctor is my feelings will change.

As regards An Adventure in..., I'm looking forward to it, but for me it's interesting rather than essential.

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Honestly, I think I'm more excited about An Adventure in Space and Time, although I'm even more excited about Big Finish's The Light at the End.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think Captaindemotion summed up my views pretty much.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

7. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The 50th anniversary, but then again, I am rather dissapointed that only Tennant will return as a previous Doctor. I wish Eccleston and McGann could've made an appearence, but I guess I should be happy we got Tennant at all, huh?

But who knows? Maybe it'll pay off.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I don't think there was any doubt Tennant would be back for it, frankly a special without 11 was probably more likely than a special without 10!

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

An Adventure In Space And Time

10. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's got to be between The 50th and the Xmas. I don't really give much about AAITAS.

The 50th will see the return of my favourite doctor, and if the talk of Paul McGann coming back for a minisode is true, then my second favourite doctor will also return. If McGann returns for a minisode, I'll probably look forward to that more than the 50th itself. :P

The Xmas will be a regeneration story, and they're nearly always my favourite stories. I'll probably end up preferring it to the 50th, although I'm enjoying the hype of the 50th. I have a nice little feeling that Daleks will be In the regeneration!

11. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

The one that has John mother fucking Hurt, of course.

12. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'll update my opinion. Well as I said it's between the 50th and the Xmas. Really it depends who's cast as the twelfth doctor.

13. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

100th anniversary special with 80 year old Matt Smith. Too bad Helen Mirren wouldn't be able to reprise her role as the 12th Doctor, though.

14. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The X-Mas episode I'm excited about, BUT as far as it being the final Eleventh Doctor story, really - its great to SEE the new Doctor, but thats always a sneak preview, IMO, than an actual showcase. But still, its a regeneration story, and these are always tricky. IMO, nobody has ever topped the Fifth's Caves of Androzani.

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I voted for the 50th anniversary special, but really, I'm excited to see all of them. You really need an "all of the above" option. :lol:

16. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

And an option for The Light at the End. :p

17. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

An Adventure in Space and Time for sure.

18. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

The Christmas Special, while I am looking forward to seeing David Tennant again the anniversary special without any of the classic Doctors it doesn't sound like it'll be all that great of a special. And I'm not looking forward to whatever convuluted explaination there'll be for John Hurt's Doctor.

19. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

I look forward to both the 50th and Christmas. Though I will be very sad to see Matt leave. The movie is kind of iffy but it would be neat to see how it started.

20. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Christmas special. It will mean the series can continue to go forward and, being a newer fan of the franchise, anything before Eccleston doesn't mean as much to me as it does to a majority of you guys. To me, the 50th anniversary special will be just another episode, maybe even a fun episode, but after that we can just look forward to what Doctor Who has in store for Season 8.