Trial and Error ratings are in! yes or no, will SGU be cancelled?

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Snick27, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mid-term election night turned out to be no help for Stargate Universe, as viewers voted with their remotes for network and cable news coverage. “Trial and Error” drew an estimated 967,000 viewers (Live + Same Day) in its 9 p.m. time slot.
    That’s a drop of 4 percent from the previous week, and SGU‘s second dip under the 1 million mark for the Tuesday night broadcast.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/11/election-night-no-help-for-sgus-ratings/

So fans is this the end of the show? Will it be cancelled and when? Do you think the last 10 episodes will be on DVD only? What went wrong?

2. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

When your Television show is less interesting than House and Senate Election Coverage...

....That's a kewl feeling...

3. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was the best episode of S2 aswell but im not supprised hanging around the million mark is where this show is going to stay whether thats good enough I don't know.

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I am going out on a limb and fuck it...SGU will get a 3rd season because SYFY will move the back 10 to fridays and give it 2 episodes to prove itself...SGU will get closer to 1.5 million and SYFY will keep it on fridays to share the slot with Sanctuary over the course of a year.

:p

The loss of viewers was in the older demo, I could of told SYFY that would happen on a election day/night. Simple fact SYFY should of aired SGU season 2 a few weeks earlier to allow for a break to avoid Baseball/Election. Also airing before the rest of network TV gets going allows SGU to get a foothold on Tuesday nights.

5. Snick27

I liked the episode but not thrilled about the ship that can get into peoples minds. Just seems too far fetched to me. Though if its like Moya from Farscape then maybe.

I think if they do cancel the show at the break then they should just not air the finally 10 and stick them on DVD. That way me and many others would actually buy the Season 2 Dvd.

What would suck is they come out and cancel the show during the break. And the final 10 episodes turn out to be what we been wanting this whole time.
    Trial and Error with its faults was funny and big improvement. And finally Eli gets some. Though she is a fallen Angel(Supernatural fans) it was nice to see Eli become a man.

Though honestly i was watching the coverage on FoxNews and watched the 11pm showing of SGU.

6. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

I live in Taxachusetts, so I needed a diversion from the train wreck when the polls closed at 9. The ep was pretty good.

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

If it's not dead yet, it's certainly on life support.

8. Chick_McGeester

Chick_McGeester Lieutenant

So if I watch this show does my tv count in the ratings?

9. Snick27

8 reasons you should watch Stargate Universe tonight and beyond!

http://blastr.com/2010/11/7-reasons-you-should-watc-1.php

really good read, hence why the back 10 might be really good.

"That takes us to the big part one of our midseason two-parter called 'Resurgence,' where we find something off the path, and now that we have control of the Destiny for the first time we explore something that we soon find out we shouldn't have. And we end up basically caught in a war that has been going on between two races"

10. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope. Only a random selection.

11. Snick27

Trial and Error:
    Total U.S. HH Rtg: 0.8
    Total U.S. A18-49 Rtg: 0.4
    Total Viewers: 0.967

SGU got trounced more than House Democrats. I guess some of last week's SGU viewers were watching the election results instead:

Yes i stoled that line but its a good one lol. Atleast it seems the ratings are settleing down a bit.

12. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Anyone know how TNG did as the lead in? :P

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They can't cancel Stargate as well as Law and Order in the same year.

It's just mean.

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's kind of reassuring in some ways that people are more interested in election results.

15. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

That depends on how you watch. If you're watching as it airs, it only counts in the ratings if you have a Nielsen box. If, however, you record the show with a DVR, make sure to watch within two days after the episode airs in order for it to receive some consideration.

16. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Fiction vs. Reality...

If you ask me, I"d hope imagination would be better than reality. I know what you're saying though. But does any of that really matter? We vote in one set of crooks for another set. One side wants to control your every move, the other side wants to hand hold and coddle the middle class....or whatever. To believe in politics to me is to believe in a lie.

17. Motoki

Motoki Ensign Newbie

Supposedly, 0.6 million according to someone over at the SyFy forum http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2350908&st=120

Though I think that was the ST:TNG ep after SGU (Caprica's old spot) and not the one before it.

It's exceedingly difficult to track down ratings for non-first run cable shows, it seems, but if the 10pm showing got 0.6 mil I assume the 8pm one got at least a little more since live tv viewership in general tends to drop off somewhat after 10pm.

Now when you consider these Trek episodes are 20 years old and have been shown countless times, including BBC America running these exact episodes over and over a lot for the past several months, that's really not THAT far off from SGUs numbers. And SGU is a modern, relatively expensive show while TNG costs them next to nothing to air.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh it cost them their pride and then some.

Buckets and buckets of it.

Wheels are turning.

They're thinking about making new TNG.

Remember years ago when Jon Stewart Guest paneled on some current affairs show with Tucker Carson? Jon spent the entire half hour calling Tucker a child for wearing a bow tie. Highest ratings ever. The show (Hardballs? crossfire?) rated so high that they cancelled it and chose instead to rerun edited weekly composite highlights of The daily Show on CNN.

Oh CNN!

Marina said in an interview that she and Frakes would be up for a Post TNG sitcom, but she might have been joking, but then she squeeled that she was DEADLY SERIOUS.

Who can tell?

19. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

That's pretty sad.

20. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I got an idea in my head for a one camera comedy which would basically involve the actors of Trek playing dramatized personas of themselves in what would basically be the first 10 minutes of Galaxy Quest each week.

I'd watch it.