Season ONE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Mutai Sho-Rin, Jul 24, 2012.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

One of the few things we agree on!

2. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

How, other than playing them, can the bad discs be distinguished from the replacements?

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The new discs have a starfleet emblem on them. The old pressings don't have this emblem.

4. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks. :)

5. vorador33

vorador33 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Just got this for christmas and im very impressed by the picture quality. Im even enjoying the eps in a so bad they're good kind of way. Very strange to watch Star Trek without the paromount logo at the end, kind of like Star Wars without the 20th Century Fox Fanfare

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Slowly making my way through Season one and just watched The Big Goodbye. Aside from really enjoying the great sets used on the holodeck I got a chuckle out of seeing a refection of a boom mic in one of the bridge scenes.

7. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got both season 1 and 2 on Blu for christmas, and got to see some of Farpoint on a friend's Blu-ray setup.

Oh-my-goodness !!!

What a sight to behold, and absolutely beautifully done.

I can't believe what they are doing here, the monumental effort on all fronts to get this material out, and in such a great way.

8. Savage Dragon

Yep. TNG finally looks like I remember it, even if that memory is a little shiner than it should be!

9. Antni

Antni Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Bought season one today in HMV for £46 and watched the first 3 episodes wow they've done a great job bringing them into the HD world

10. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not wanting to appear to be robbing from the dead/dying but did you notice if season two was as heavily discounted in that store?

11. TV's Frank

TV's Frank Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finally ordered my copy of the Season One Blu-ray set and so will soon be able to catch up with the rest of the fans and enjoy the remastered excellence!

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Im noticing a lot of people on twitter and elsewhere who are still buying season 1. What took you guys so long??:lol:

RAMA

13. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Got my S1 replacement discs today. Came with a nice maybe 4x6 'sorry' card with a neat piece of art on the back - kind of a 'rough' arty crayon picture of the staff gathering around the briefing room table.

14. Chris2005

Chris2005 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The crayon drawing is a frame from what's used in the final shot of the credits of the "people" walking around the observation lounge... ;)

15. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

Neato. Supposedly these were sent out around August but I never got mine. I had to contact them again at the end of last year and the set just arrived today.

16. Savage Dragon

Yup. I got the same thing when I received my replacement discs.

17. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Got this for the 4th time today from Amazon, the previous 3 occasions I was sent one of the faulty copies and returned them but I finally managed to get the corrected set for the price I paid for the first set but this time its lacks the slip cover, It's only a bit of card but its really set my OCD off ! :scream:

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

You should have held on to the slip from a previous copy. :)

19. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since the slipcovers basically replicate the case art, I'm just getting rid of them for my Blu-rays.

I like the slim packaging they are doing, as it allows me to keep the discs on a shelf, nice and compact for easy access.

20. Savage Dragon

I have very slowly been making my way through Season 1 and I have to say that the episodes are not nearly as bad as I remember. I am enjoying it quite a bit!