www.jaynz.info closing

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vance, May 11, 2009.

1. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Just a note, I'll be taking down www.jaynz.info and my galleries over the course of this next week. It's pretty obvious Trek's not for me anymore, and it's time I just look at doing other things.

Thanks, everyone, for all of their support over the years.

2. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

But your site is a great resource. Heck, I was just there today. Could you consider leaving it up as an archive? I know of several free host sites that could work really well.

And out of curiosity, what caused this change in feeling towards trek?

3. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

Took his ball and went home...

4. Arkady

Arkady Lieutenant Commander

5. Vance

I'm just worn out. I don't think I can say it any other way, really. I hit my straw today, to be sure, but it's been a long time coming. I haven't really enjoyed Trek in a long time... I've wanted to enjoy it. I wanted to capture my excitement for it from years ago. I haven't been able to do it. A lot of what I've done was for my Uncle, who passed away last Thanksgiving, and I realize that I haven't really done much since then... I've fallen months behind, and I've got no heart left for it.

And, of course, it's really hard try to explain that here. I've got no patience for the bullshit on the forums, the back-biting, the moderating political games here, or the 'you're old so shut up' attitudes of some fans, and so on... and my posts have been getting more and more snarky as I have less and less patience with the crap.

So, Dale's right, I'm taking my ball and going home. But you know, being a fan is something I need to be able to enjoy, and I'm just not. I don't know if I ever will again, I honestly can't say. The only reason I've stuck it out is a sense of obligation, and that really isn't healthy. So this step is what I feel I need to do.

I hope this explains it.

6. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Well I would hate to see a good reference site go. Perhaps I could convince you to let me pick the ball up for you? If nothing else I could set up an archive for everyone to use. I am sorry you have lost enjoyment, but perhaps there is still an episode or two that piques your interest, so that it's not completely lost.

Wherever your journey takes you, good luck.

7. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

thanks for everything you've done, and best wishes in all your future endeavours, whatever they may be.

8. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

sorry to see your site go it was a great inspiration for me when doing my sketch up ships.
    good luck for the future.

9. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wait... What? You said over the course of the week, it's already gone :(

10. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's okay folks, we still have the Internet Archive Wayback Machine with all his--

Yikes! It's not there! All we have left are a few Google caches.

Damn Nero and his altered timelines ... he managed to take that out too!

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well i managed to save what i could that i already didnt have on May-6 but it all mixed in with everything that was also here and from Pixalsaga's

12. Vance

It looks like that I'll have some of the archive stuff put up this week (the PDFs, by and large). There was another site going to host them that I haven't heard back from yet, and I was hoping that they would take the reigns.

To alleviate any fears, I didn't destroy anything, I just took down the site and archived it. I'll figure out something else in the meantime.

13. Kaiser

Thank you for not destroying anything :)

14. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I found that hilarious. :rommie:

15. Sarvek

Sarvek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Please do not give up, Vance. All of us really appreciate your work and all the work that you have done. Personally, I have always loved your work and would like to continue to see your fantastic work all the time. I am on your side and always will be. Please do not give up. We all go through hard times and are beat down by those that do not understand us or our ways. You are a great artist with great talent. I would hate to nevers see your artwork again. Sometimes, all we need is a good break and just to sit back and see what we have accomplished and you have accomplished a great deal. Please do not give up on us, because I am not going to give up on you. :techman:

16. Vance

The PDFs are up, and some of the 2245 and 2265 images are up for the STSTCS site for now... pending the return of some emails.

17. Kaiser

Thank you and i saved them all to my Laptop :) I hope you have a place for the Gallery :)

18. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

See ya.

19. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sometimes you just have to take a break. Good luck and be well...

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Vance,
    Have to admit it has been a while since I looked at your sight, but I took some time today and walked through all of the pdf's you have posted currently. Some great stuff there. Even if you don't remain active, I hope you can find a manageable way to keep the data available.