Lost Girl season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JanewayRulz!, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Actually they didn't get busted for that. Bo initially believed the Una Mens were there to punish them for "crossing party lines," but in fact they were there to arrest Dyson for Flora's murder, leading into "Epoque."

Bo and Lauren are back together; we just aren't seeing it much. Technically Bo and Lauren are a couple, but it's not an exclusive couple due to Bo's succubus nature, and thus she's started fooling around with Dyson fairly regularly again. And the writers' focus seems to be more on exploring how the relationship between Lauren and Dyson is evolving from rivalry to grudging respect to friendship.

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Whoa!

That episode was deeeeep!

Hale... :(

3. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Unfortunately, the hotel I'm in doesn't carry syfy, and I am so Unimpressed with the "dish anywhere" option to my TV carrier so I haven't seen it yet.

The scene to which you are referring, however, was something I watched on youtube last week and so I will join your keen,,,,

Hale!!!!!!!!!!!!

To which I will add...

Kenzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Oh, come on! :scream:

I really hope this is not permanent. Hale was really cool, and I've been waiting four years for him and Kenzie to get together. There better be a way out of this.

Now I can't even remember what the rest of the episode was about. :(

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, best episode of the season yet. I can't help but wonder if they'll eventually reveal that Acacia is actually Tamsin's mother. I really enjoyed getting such a big focus on Kenzi outside of all of the Fae stuff. I was also glad to see them actually addressing the WTFery of Bo's relationship with Rainer.
    Wow, that ending was beyond shocking. I can't believe they killed Hale! Poor Kenzi.
    Have they dealt with exactly what Kenzi's mother's boyfriend did to her?

6. Christopher

They didn't specify, and this seems to be entirely new backstory, but implicitly he abused her in some way.

7. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Well, if that happened, it seems like they really haven't made it official. As far as I knew, they never totally un-broke-up after their break-up in "Delinquents." While they seemed close to hooking up again in "Let the Dark Times Roll," it seemed that they never quite made it all the way. And it seemed like Bo was a bit offput by Lauren's (relative) enthusiasm for being Dark. Meanwhile, despite their obvious affection for each other, Lauren seems to want to keep Bo at arm's length. I would point out that they never really resolved the issues that made them break-up in "Delinquents" in the first place.

I don't recall a single instance of even implied sex between Bo & Lauren this season. We've had tons of Bo/Dyson hook-ups and even a few Bo/Tamsin make-out sessions in "Groundhog Fae." But "Let the Dark Times Roll" was the only time that Bo & Lauren have gotten at all physical this season (Bo's Dyson/Flora mind-tryst in "La Fae Epoque" notwithstanding).

I wish they would spend less time developing the Detente between Lauren & Dyson and more time developing the relationship between Lauren & the Morrigan.

8. JanewayRulz!

Well, if Bo and Lauren are still a "couple', then somebody better tell Bo that pretty soon!

The ultimate insult from the lesbian doctor, "So that's it, you chose HIM!" :scream:

And that cutting rejoinder from the multi-partnered Succubus.

"You broke my heart!" :brickwall:

I know I missed an ep here and there, but I never really understood why Bo fell so hard for Raynor, nor did I understand why she was so standoffish with Lauren after nearly jumping her bones at the Morrigan's big party and after Lauren worked with her on the case of the missing Vex and with Dyson on the case of the missing Bo.

Still its sad to see Lauren and Dyson in a better place by the penultimate ep than Bo & Lauren. :(

As for that OTHER couple, Lauren & the Morrigan, TBC shouldn't hold out much hope. :p

If Lauren turned Morrigan "human" to protect Bo after overhearing that conversation in the archives, why did she already have the serum made up? That suggests she was always planning to turn Morrigan human, but who cares? Another equally unpleasant Dark Fae would simply take her place. And when the Morrigan turns human, does that mean Lauren is now unclaimed, or does she become the property of the next Morrigan? (like how she was passed down to the next "Ash). :confused:

I know, don't think, just "enjoy the ride", but there isn't much to enjoy when there's "no" Bo and Lauren, not much Bo & Dyson or Bo & Tamsin and certainly NO Bo & Kenzi! :klingon:

9. Christopher

I guess I was wrong about Bo and Lauren still being together. If they did break up, I totally missed it. But then, the writing this whole season doesn't seem to be very cohesive. Like, why is Trick suddenly acting like a bad guy?

10. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I totally did not get that last episode. Normally i don't care, because at least I have a doccubus scene to fall back on. But Morrigan and Lauren? And Lauren made the Morrigan human? Cause why? And the crazy knight girl? And Kenzie? What the hell did i actually see last night?

11. JanewayRulz!

Was Trick acting bad or just talking with the Morrigan?

I'm still unclear why Trick erased Raynor from history, (it was Raynor, right? It wasn't the Wanderer, was it?) and how did the Wanderer get to be Bo's dad if he's a demon in hell? (They did say he was Bo's daddy last night, right?) :confused:

Speaking of not being cohesive, wasn't it season 1 where we learned Fae and Humans don't get married to each other without bad things happening? If so, why could Hale marry Kenzi? :rolleyes:

Speaking of Bo and Kenzi, why was Kenzi on one side of the funeral aisle and Bo/Tamsin on the other last night? Are you telling me that enough Dark Fae attended that they rated the left side of the service? :vulcan:

12. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing the sword in his torso is an indication that he couldn't. In that case, that was the most consistent thing about the last couple of eisodes.

13. JanewayRulz!

Alas I was out of town and missed last week's ep. I did see the "death" scene on youtube, but didn't know until last night that the human druid was the guy who killed him.

If Hale died because of Kenzi, why did the human druid "get" to do the deed?

14. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

That one I can't help you with. I'm still kinda the noob here...

Well, how about: "Kenzi is indirectly responsible because she's the reason the druid could survive Hale's attack on him."

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this whole Raynor storyline still isn't working for me. Apparently Rainer isn't the bad guy, there's some other guy/thing who is the bad guy and is also Bo's dad. As for why Rainer was erased from history, I think it was something to do with him rebelling against Trick while he was the Blood King. It might also relate to the prophecy about his return bring about Bo's dad's arrival. I'm not sure.
    As for Trick and Evony, I don't think it was that he was "acting like a bad guy", it's just that the new threat, aka Bo's daddy, is such a big threat that they are willing to cooperate.
    I've been a huge fan of the show from the beginning, but even I'm having trouble following this season's storyline. It really hasn't been a great season overall.
    I do agree that Lauren turning Evony human was kind of random. Then there's the whole reveal with Massimo being her son, who was raised by Vex. WTF!

16. Christopher

I was talking about the whole season. Trick hasn't been acting like a friend or mentor to the rest of the cast this year. He's been acting alienated and secretive and sketchy all season, and it's unclear why.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

In the season finale, Kenzie will find Hale alive in the shower-- because it's all been a dream. That's the only way to explain everything. :rommie:

18. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'm getting the sense that no one understands why Bo fell for Raynor. Not the characters and certainly not the fans.

(And is anyone else just getting confused as hell by that name? I am because "Raynor" is so similar to "Reynard," the body-swapping insane anarchist murderer in "Original Skin.")

I figured Bo was standoffish with Lauren because Lauren was standoffish with her, which Lauren has often been. Honestly, I've really had a hard time seeing the chemistry between Bo & Lauren. I understood the original spark of attraction between them back in Season 1 but I just think that they're too different to be romantically compatible. I think that Lauren is looking for someone a bit more settled & domestic. That isn't Bo at all.

IMO, it doesn't help that Zoie Palmer has more on screen chemistry with Kris Holden-Reid than she does with Anna Silk.

I know. I'm just saying it's a major missed opportunity. Had I been writing this season, I would have put a lot more emphasis on Lauren & the Morrigan, given Tamsin WAY more development, and maybe developed some kind of Bo/Dyson/Kenzi love triangle (or better yet, a Crystal/Lauren/Bo/Dyson/Kenzi/Hale DAISY CHAIN OF DOOM!!!!!! (TM):techman:).

Agreed. They're making my favorite show very tough to love right now.

Seriously, Season 3, Episode 10, "Delinquents." [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSIdouKe-WY[/yt]

Agreed. It doesn't make sense. And it's also not working. Trick works great as the stern or avuncular grandfatherly figure. But when they try to explore his dark side, it just feels forced. Some of the most poorly written & acted moments of the entire series were when we got the flashbacks to when he was the Blood King during the last great Fae war between light & dark in "Flesh & Blood."

19. Christopher

Would it help any to know that it's actually spelled "Rainer"?

I think the actresses have good chemistry -- though in a more gentle and sweet way than the sultry chemistry that Anna Silk has with Rachel Skarsten. And it's Bo and Lauren's contrasts that make their relationship interesting.

I'm not talking about their "break" last season, which I remember perfectly well. I'm talking about "Let the Dark Times Roll" from this season, the episode where Bo was very happy to be reunited with Lauren and telling everyone who'd listen that she was right about the "break" being temporary. They did get back together in that episode -- but what I missed was that they more decisively broke up at the end of it. I thought there was just some renewed tension over Lauren's Dark loyalties but that it didn't affect their restored relationship. Evidently, though, it was meant to be a breakup rather than just an argument. But if so, that was conveyed very vaguely.

20. JanewayRulz!

This is why, after watching the 1st two seasons, I said that I didn't really want Team Lauren or Team Dyson. I wanted to be on Team Kenzi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CmXR2WLCW4

Posted 7 months ago... so no actual "spoilers" for the finale. Except... maybe why Tamsin tastes happy now.

It also explains why this season has felt so off, since we haven't had enough of "this" in season 4.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CmXR2WLCW4[/yt]