Kick-Ass 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics. ect.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, May 24, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah yeah. That's right. I forgot it was the script review...but things can change as well :) I have no knowledge, and I'm not trying to hint at anything, but I just wouldn't be surprised if it turned up in there.

I actually do wonder how they will handle it not being in there. That's a pretty significant alteration and basically the climax of the story. I assume that Millar suggested to them an interesting alternative.

2. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

It could still be a street fight just relocated from Times Square to some boring Vancouver back alleys. ;) I just hope we still get that great moment from the book where Hit-Girl takes a piece of glass and slowly saws off...

Ah hell. You know what I'm talking about. That has GOT to be in the movie...

So naturally it won't be. ;)

3. Admiral_Young

I can't believe that the film is almost done principal already.

4. Admiral James Kirk

Just seven more months 'til we're standing in line, tickets in hand waiting to get our asses kicked right out of our seats! :D

5. Admiral_Young

It'll be kick ass!!!!

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Maybe that particular action won't be in it, but I'm sure Hit-Girl will still fight that character. I tell you though, it will be a bit of an adjustment watching a fifteen year old Hit-Girl, especially when the whole point of the character is that she's an eleven year old. I assume they'll be having Chloe play her age, since she said herself in an interview that she "wont be going back in time."

7. Admiral James Kirk

Well Hit-Girl's going to be older in the Kick-Ass 3 and Hit-Girl Returns comic books. We just have to adjust to the change a little earlier for the movies. Ah well. I guess it was just too much to ask Chloe to exist in a vacuum between movies. ;)

8. Admiral_Young

I can't wait for "Kick-Ass 3".

9. Admiral James Kirk

I wish Millar would do Hit-Girl Returns first. If the characters come to a bad end in KA3 it might be painful to read HGR after the fact.

10. Admiral_Young

I utterly and complete forgot about "Hit-Girl Returns". I think he wants to get "Kick-Ass 3" out first...and really it's only natural. I guess the soonest we could see that is maybe next summer? I don't recall if he has discussed a release date yet.

"Hit-Girl" is slated to be released in hardcover at the end of January according to Amazon, which seems like a really fast turn around date. I think we had to wait a few months for "Kick-Ass 2". I'm not complaining. I just have always thought it weird the wait between the last issue and the hardcover. For instance the second arc of "Batman" concluded a couple months ago now, yet we have to wait until freaking MARCH to get the next hardcover.

11. Admiral James Kirk

Makes sense that Millar would want to get the HC out so fast. The movie comes out in June and the way these collections get delayed he'd be a monkey to wait any longer to release it.

12. Admiral_Young

I didn't take that into consideration. The HG HC will most likely the only "Kick-Ass" related tie-in that we will have going into the movie, unless the other two hardcover get movie related re-leases with new photo covers or something.

I kind of wish we got a novelization...I know these films are visual but they combine that with plot and character development enough to create a brilliant unfolding and evolving story that I think would challenge any novelist, but then that's my two cents. Probably a good thing I'm not an editor ;)

13. Admiral James Kirk

The more Kick-Ass the better!

14. Admiral_Young

That sounds like a great tag line for 2 :)

15. Admiral James Kirk

I help when I can. ;)

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I was hoping for the tagline from 'Hit Girl #2' "The Best Just Got Better.

'Hit-Girl: Returns' eh? Speculation by you two or actual confirmation of what Millar's Book 4 will be in the five part Kick-Ass saga?

Also, have you two realized that this thread is now just a conversation between the three of us? If that isn't enough, our user-names all begin with the letter 'A'

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm crashing this thread... with no survivors!

18. Admiral James Kirk

That's not speculation. Millar confirmed the title Hit-Girl Returns several months ago.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't read any of the comics, but I loved the first movie and I'm really looking forward to KA2.

20. Admiral_Young

I highly suggest reading "Kick-Ass 2" before seeing the film.