What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Just bought Dungeon Keeper 2 from GOG, and i had no idea there was a place who were selling old games that work on newer systems, i was over the moon when DK2 started up and looks great for its age, my next purchase will be the original Wing commander, great to play these games once again with no issues.:)

2. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got into the Titanfall Beta for PC, and having a ton of fun! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the full version.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'd say the quality has already been heavily influenced as by all accounts the games have been getting increasingly iterative. As I mentioned a few weeks back, I have more respect for the likes of the Saints Row franchise which managed to significantly change things up with each game.

From where I sit, it looks like the suits at Ubi are looking at AC the same way EA looks at their annual sports game releases: essentially the same game, reusing a lot of assets with some minor graphical tweaks.

Not to single out AC as it's far from the only franchise doing this ATM. The big military shooters are just as guilty.

I *really* want to like The Witcher, but I'm *really* struggling with the gameplay. Only just managed to get into the city area and hit a brick wall when I went out into the swamp and was murdered by a bunch of plants.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Re-playing Mass Effect 2 now in parallel to Mass Effect 1 (both on Xbox 360).

Kinda crazy, I know, I just love these games that much.

I also got the spouse into Mass Effect 2. Great decision to get her started at this point in the franchise, she loves the action-y gameplay and the Renegade interrupts. "Yeah yeah, stop talking or I'll shoot you in the face."

5. selina

selina Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They improved the gameplay in the second Witcher game. If you don't warm up to the first game, try out the second. But I know what you mean, the plants are freaking hard to kill. They have a weakness to fire, so using Igni helps. Also, if your health drops too much, seek cover and heal yourself while the plant is still burning. This way the plant takes damage while you recover. Furthermore, try out potions. If you have still trouble, level up first. Good luck :).

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've been attempting to play AC: Liberation, but it's so slow and boring that I just don't care to continue.

7. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm belatedly getting through GTAIV, I'm at the second safe house and past the tutorial missions. I'm sick of Nico's cousin and everyone else who wants a date or night out. Also tired of chases that are actually "follow me and we can shoot once I've parked", but there are enough non-motorcycle related missions to keep my interest up so far.

Eufloria on my phone is quite good for such a simply RTS, the splendid soundtrack helps quite a bit.

Tomorrow the latest Phoenix Wright should be on sale in Europe as a 3DS download, so I'll check that out between surprisingly enjoyable bouts of multiplayer on Mario Kart 7.

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I spent the whole fucking game trying to kill Roman...

9. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm playing Pokémon X right now, working on some shiny hunts. Also restarted my old Red Version for the lols... basically doing a nuzlocke run for the heck of it. Been playing Little Big Planet on my Vita too.

10. Levi

Levi Commander Red Shirt

Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, Earth/Sol
    Star Trek Online, CivilizationV, Terraria, and as always, SimCity4.

11. Hopeful Cynic

Hopeful Cynic Ensign Red Shirt

State of Decay, Rust, Plague Inc, and TWD Season 2.

12. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DayZ and Space Engineers, or as I like to call it, Space Smashineers.

13. Hopeful Cynic

Hopeful Cynic Ensign Red Shirt

Not to be insulting, but what is the draw of DayZ? Run for an hour, find gun, probably get grief killed. If not get better gun, grief killed. Find beans, grief killed.

I mean I guess if you fot a group of friends all set up on one server, but there's no direction... What's the appeal to you?

14. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Star Wars Battlefront II, The Sims 2, and Sid Meier's Pirates. The first one is new to me. :lol:

15. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Pokémon X, Little Big Planet Vita and God of War: Chains of Olympus.

16. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Saints Row 2. So far I've defeated the Ronin and the Sons of Samedi. I control 80% of the city's neighborhoods. Next up... a concerted campaign to take out the Brotherhood.

17. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm currently playing Pokemon Red Version alongside tens of thousands of other people. Praise Helix!

18. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been playing Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. I know it's a little early to be thinking Game of the Year, but Nintendo and Retro have really hit it out of the park with Tropical Freeze.

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Roman Bellic Soundboard

20. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain