FINAL POLL: Hydrospace

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ptrope, May 3, 2009.

?

Oh captain, my captain! Who shall we pipe aboard for May?

Poll closed May 5, 2009.
  1. BorgMan

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Klaus

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Starscape

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Vektor

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  1. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

The seaweed is always greener
    In somebody else's lake

Leave it to Admiral2 to create a challenge that takes us under the sea - in this case, it takes the Federation to that other 'final frontier,' where the pressure is always intense, even on a calm day! Class M planets abound, but not everything is to be found on the surface - sometimes, the greatest discoveries are far in the depths, and that's where the admiral asked us to go. Four intrepid souls enlisted; it's up to you to promote one of them to the rank of captain, to guide the ship for May.

All aboard!

[​IMG]
    BorgMan

[​IMG]
    Klaus

[​IMG]
    Starscape

[​IMG]
    Vektor

Gallery

One vote per member

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

They're all great images, but for me it was a choice between Klaus and BorgMan. I finally picked Klaus because I just like the cybernetic dolphin. :)

3. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

Klaus FTW! That just reminds me of the Onion article where dolphins evolve thumbs.

4. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

...that is one of the all-time best Onion articles, which is saying something.

For those who don't know what the frak we're talking about, go here: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28315

ty very much for the votes, Borgman for me narrowly over Vektor...
    :D
    [​IMG]

5. Arkady

Arkady Lieutenant Commander

voted Klaus meself...

6. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

What about that one persons entry? the submarine ship? I thought that was cool. Anyway, other then that one, I thought Vektors was great, especially considering he had to try new things to do it.

7. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

I voted for Klaus - it reminds me of one of the few aspects of the Dyson Sphere novel that I really enjoyed - but I dig all the entries; I thought Vektor's deepwater K-7 was an inspired repurposing, and I could see BorgMan's shuttle servicing its researchers, as well as Starscape's moonpool - in fact, I think all of the entries belong together as one synchronous concept :bolian:.

8. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been practicing my echo-location. ;)

9. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, thanks for all the votes, gang! If I had been able to cast a vote myself, it probably would have gone to BorgMan for working up such a cool design so quickly, but everyone's work was exemplary as always. I also have to second Ptrope's observation that all of these could have fit together quite easily as a single concept. Thanks to Admiral2 for the great inspiration.

I already have an idea in mind for the next contest and will post a thread for it later today.

10. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Congratulations, Vektor - excellent work, as always :bolian:. I'm sure we're all eagerly looking forward to what you have planned for May.

Thanks to everyone who participated, as well - a nice mix of both ideas and techniques, any one of which could've ended up on top. Thanks to those who voted, too - these challenges would just be galleries without your help :).