THOR: THE DARK WORLD - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Nov 7, 2013.

?

Grade the movie...

1. A+

4.5%
  2. A

28.2%
  3. A-

21.8%
  4. B+

20.0%
  5. B

10.9%
  6. B-

8.2%
  7. C+

6.4%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Any idea who exactly he's stealing from?

Since they said the Tesseract is the Space gem, they've already changed one, hmm. Probably just mean that GotG will have a green one and figure out what it does later. If they even really have defined roles that like in this universe.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I know these things are supposed to be assembled into a gauntlet that does...something...but is it ever explained in the comics where they actually come from?

The tesseract was apparently in Odin's possession at some point until he hid it with a bunch of primitives on Earth. So where did he get it from? Also, wasn't the gauntlet seen in the weapons vault in the first Thor movie? wouldn't that indicate that the thing has already been assembled once, if so when, by whom and how were they stopped?

However, it was said that Dark Elf King person appeared to fashion the red one himself out of some primordial, pre-big bang dark energy. If that's the case, and the "stone" had been safely hidden since Bor defeated him, how could the gauntlet have been assembled?...or did I just answer my own question?

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Assuming it's even a gauntlet at all. Thanos could just be assembling a doomsday weapon and planning to set all 6 stones into it.

His "thing" is apparently causing carnage and death for the sake of it. Something that affected all of space-time at once so powerfully would be a real bonus for him.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Gauntlet was seen in the background of the last Thor movie.

I didn't see it, but wikipedia assures me that this happened.

Thanos is not mindless, he's just into a girl that thinks of death as candy.

To please her makes him happy.

Thanos created an institution of death with the Gauntlet.

First he vanished half the life in the universe then he created death factories that slowly and methodically ended lives apace with the birthrate so that his girlfriend Death would have an ongoing and constant stream of death for Death's sake.

(Death really wasn't into him, and wasn't impressed. It's quite said when you think about it.)

The Gauntlet is not in of itself something special before the Gems were fastened to it.

The Gauntlet was just something that Thanos wore to look cool, and had done for years.

In an earlier outting, Thanos took the "Soul Gems" and glommed them togethering a single wardrobe sized massive "Soul Gem".

Stuff.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing this will be the big event the MU is building up to, Thanos gaining them and using the Gauntlet in Avengers 3.

Should be interesting.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

At this point most of the comic book/nerd sites seem to be assuming that will be the premise of Avengers 3.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm fairly certain it was in the first Thor movie, in the room guarded by the Destroyer. I don't remember it in the second, unless it was during the teaser with the Collector.

9. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

10. Guy Gardener

In the comics it's a figurative gauntlet, made of fabric.

Although, that actual literal gauntlet looks sweet.

I guess we'll figure out what's going on when we see he costume designes for Thanos, which i will not be seeing until I sit down in the theatre, because Spoilers bad.

11. Alidar Jarok

Cool Agents of SHIELD tie-in that goes the other way this time, possibly a buildup to Thor 3:

In the episode, Asgardian Lorelei came to Earth and was captured by Lady Sif. However, it was revealed that she was being captured because "Odin" wanted to use her as a soldier rather than re-imprison her. Possible opportunity for a role in the next movie for her as an ally of Loki.

12. Guy Gardener

That poor bastard Anthony Hopkins is going to have to spend an entire day making out with Elena.

13. Alidar Jarok

Maybe it'll actually convince him to come back (well that and the boat load of cash they'll probably offer him). I get the feeling that Loki would let her in on his plans, though.

14. Guy Gardener

I say "poor bastard" because he's too old and tired to still give a damn about something so trivial.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised!

16. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Loreli back in Asgard also sets up having her sister, The Enchantress show up, who has the stronger ties to Thor himself than Loreli.

I still hope we get Sutur for Thor 3 as the main foe though.

17. Alidar Jarok

That could be cool. I know Chris Hemsworth said that the goddess of death, Hella, is his favorite. Given all the people who died recently, I can easily see a story involving Thor trying to bring them back to life. Either way, I think we're building to Loki and an army against Thor and his friends.

18. Alidar Jarok

Not sure if this is more Thor news or Agents of SHIELD news:

Kevin Feige Addresses 'Enchantress' As THOR 3 Villain

I get that the TV is kind of on their own, but I do still hope there's room for a crossover the other way as well.

19. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Just watched Thor: The Dark World. An awesome movie and better than the first but I still like Captain America: The Winter Soldier more.

Does anyone know if the producers have specific names for the Dark Elf vessels? Like fighter and battleship or something?