Crossover romances

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Sep 13, 2008.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I got this idea recently when, at the used bookstore where I work, someone traded in an odd pair of DVD sets-- Bonanza and Charmed. It got me wondering, which of the Cartwrights would pair up best with which Halliwell sisters?

Then I started thinking about other romantic crossovers. For example, I wrote a 7 Days meets The X-Files fanfic several years ago where Frank Parker & Dana Scully started dating, then Olga Vukavitch started dating Fox Mulder just to make Parker jealous.

Do you folks have any interesting ideas for bizarre crossover romances?

2. Good Will Riker

Good Will Riker Admiral

Since we get to "fancy" in our own imaginations here, this is what I actually prefer:

TNG vs. Spice Girls

Jean-Luc Picard & Ginger Spice
    William T. Riker & Sporty Spice
    Geordi La Forge & Scary Spice
    Data & Baby Spice
    Worf & Posh Spice

3. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

um Woody (Crossing Jordan) & Sam (Las Vegas) had a long distance relationship for a while. Those two shows crossed over alot.

and Tony Vincent on Casualty was dating Ben Saunders on Holby City, but I dont watch Holby City so I dont know how that turned out.

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, I guess Worf could kick David Beckham's ass, so he wouldn't be able to do anything about this.

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Hmmm ... John from Farscape and Cam from StarGate SG1. Yeah, I can see that .... :D

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Charles "Trip" Tucker and Kara "Starbuck" Thrace.

7. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not a romance, but I've always wanted to see Greg's parents frpm "Darma & Greg" get together with Lorilie's parents from "Gillmore Girls."

Not sure if Kitty and Emily would get along or have a heck of a cat fight.

8. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

And in the CSI:NY episode Manhattan Manhunt, there was some flirting going on between Stella Bonasera and Horatio Caine.

9. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

true, but I always thought Caine had great chemistry with Catherine Willows of CSI

10. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Once, in a joke-fic, I had Willow Rosenberg pair up (despite her preferences) with Little Joe Cartwright. The readers were left to wonder whose bad romance luck would kill who first, as Buffy got a report of a demon buffalo herd heading in their direction.

Crossover romance is one thing. I often wonder about crossover logic. For example, in the DCU or MU, wherein aliens are a known fact of life, would Mulder and Scully investigate government links to known unfriendly aliens, like the Skrulls or Dominators? In a combined DCU/MU world, who would be the pre-eminent uber-team? Would the JLA and Avengers, who spend time in the public opinion crapper, trade places when one is on the outs? Would anti-mutant activity be diminished, or made greater by the doubling of the super population? Would the arrival of the Tenctonese (from Alien Nation) in the 80's prepare Earth better for first contact in 2063 or would the Vulcans prove the tipping point in species' tension? Would Doctor Strange be one day called upon to be Headmaster of the American analog to Hogwart's? Could Willow be his apprentice, or could one of the Halliwells, sparking a feud between the Elders and the Vishanti?

I have to stop, now.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Heroes and Lost casts would mesh well. Not necessarily romatically, I'd just like to see them interact.

I also would be rather intrigued to see how Dexter Morgan and Kara Thrace get along on a date. :rommie: Frakkin' headcase Olympics!

For Debra Morgan, I'd pair her up with Trip Tucker. They seem perfect for each other!

John Crichton could use a stable, smart woman. Dana Scully's the one for him. Plus, he can kick Mulder's ass if he complains.
    One of my favorite ideas is for Heroes to exist in the X-Files universe...when Mohinder called the FBI, I wanted Mulder to pick up the phone.

But Doctor Strange's magical milieu is too Lovecraftian to fit comfortably in the Harry Potter universe.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008