My Theory about who Harrison is (Spoiler Alert)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Thomas Riker, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Thomas Riker

Thomas Riker Commander Red Shirt

I've been thinking about this for some time and I think I now know who he is.
    Harrison is a Klingon. :klingon:
    but he is a Klingon affected by the Augment Virus and/or has been altered to look human a la "Trouble with Tribbles". If he's an augment, then we have our link to Khan.

This explains why part of the movie is set on Q'onos. It also explains why he's referred to as Starfleet's best agent. They mean Double Agent.

It also explains why Kirk refers to the beginning of an all out war. He means with the Klingons.

The scenes where Harrison is fighting/killing Klingons is because even the Klingon Empire want him dead - either because he's an augment/double agent/insane.

What do you all think?

P.S The reason the Klingons wear helmets it because they are augments too. A way for normal Klingons to set them apart.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think the new Trek movie is likely to reference any Enterprise episode.

3. Thomas Riker

Thomas Riker Commander Red Shirt

Well Enterprise Episode or Not. It is well established that Klingons imitate humans. Maybe this is the case for Harrison too. Or maybe he's a human imitating a Klingon.

4. tippy

tippy Ensign Red Shirt

Who are those lizard like aliens in the trailer?

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's not a Klingon.

6. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

John Harrison is really Arne Darvin. ;)

7. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Jesus fuck, you people!

FUTURE GUY

8. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

He's Khan.

9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

No, he isn't.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I doubt he is Khan.

One thing we seemed to have forgotten is...

The Prime Universe Original Series had a character named "John Harrison" who was NOT Khan. He was just John, a background character seen a couple times going about his routine duty.

A couple weeks back, (I believe it was) Alice Eve said [paraphrased] it was fun watching us freak out over who JH is when the answer was really very simple. Isn't the simplest answer that JH is simply JH... The same character from TOS but, due to changes in the timeline after Nero's incursion, living a different string of life experiences?

I am not saying Khan cannot somehow be involved, just that, given all the evidence we have the likelihood he is Khan Noonien Singh is slight at best.

12. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

If it just turns out to be, "OMG, he's Khan," then big deal, because whether he's Harrison or Khan, he's obviously a badass and extremely dangerous. Whoever he is, he looks like he'd bitch-slap the Khan from the prime universe and ask him to make him a cup of tea.

As far as I'm concerned at this point, if he's Khan, then there's going to have to be some other big surprising payoff from him being Khan to have made the secrecy (or at least continued denials) make sense. Everyone in the new universe is meeting him for the first time. They know nothing of "Space Seed" or TWOK, so the secrecy behind his real identity has to fit into the story, I hope, and also shock our heroes for some reason. (And I'm assuming it will.)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  13. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

They're not just gonna pick some random background character to be the villain. And they're especially not going to go to great lengths to hide his identity if that were the case.

The one thing the original post likely has right is that "John Harrison" has got to be a cover of sorts. It'd be funny if it weren't though.

14. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually, there were two Harrison. The one that you've refer too; And William B. Harrison, flight officer of the S.S. Beagle.

15. shapeshifter

Fact is, villain or not, code-name or not, they DID pick some random background character from TOS; John Harrison.

Did they really go to great lengths to hide his identity... I think they revealed it months ago. It was us who could not simply accept that at face value, began theory building.

To me this means NuJH is simply TOS JH with a fresh twist.

Thanks yenny.

16. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, here's the thing, no matter who he is, they're not gonna make him some "only Trekkie's know him" character. That defeats the whole purpose of ditching the top heavy continuity. The more you overthink this, the more wrong your conclusion is going to be. Whoever he is, he has to be easily accessible to "Joe I. HateStarTrek." And some dude unconscious on the floor of the bridge in Space Seed ain't that guy.

He's either Khan, because everybody's grandmother knows Khan, or he's John Harrison, a new character they created for the movie.

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

If you're talking about the ones I think you're talking about, I'm pretty sure they're helmeted Klingons. These guys?

18. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

No they didn't. They just picked a generic name (note the original character does not have a first name). Lots of fans too eagerly try to connect the dots. They think some nobody crewman is going to have significance in a blockbuster movie. They need a reality check. It's either an established character or a new one.

If Orci's comment that the character is canon is to be trusted, then it's likely that Harrison is a pseudonym for a character that's a bit more well known. He's not going to be some nobody.

19. shapeshifter

I believe going the Khan route over-thinks it. It doesn't/won't matter one iota to Joe Blow Theatergoer who JH was in TOS, it's just a name to them.

But it is a nod, a ;) ;) to US - honoring the show with a name WE can point to and say, hee-hee, it's that unconscious dude from Space Seed!

20. themadhatter

themadhatter Ensign Newbie

Good point. Wrath of Khan is the one Star Trek film I have heard people who HATE Trek say they actually enjoyed. He is the only villain worth hiding to appease the masses, not just fanboys. Otherwise, he is just Harrison.