Anyone else watching Homeland S2 ?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Brandonv, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The essence of a Homeland twist:

Do exactly what the audience expects.

Just do it before they expect you to do it.

And it gets me every time. Loved the ending of this episode. I have no idea where they'll go from here for next week, or next year, or anything. It's one hell of a gamble to burn through this amount of content so fast, but I'm enjoying myself so much I can't wait to see where it goes next.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Question: After Sunday’s beyond intense and fantastic episode of Homeland, I marvel at the fact that we’re only four episodes into the season. Is Episode 5 another game-changer? —Jorge Ausiello: You. Have. No. Idea. Brace yourself for another rollercoaster ride. There’s a 15-minute, uninterrupted scene between Claire Danes and Damian Lewis that packs in more plot development than whole seasons of other shows.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/10/23/ask-au...e/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

3. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

They certainly have piqued my interest.

4. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Emmies #2 incoming for Danes and Lewis.

Wow.

5. bigdaddy

Yeah, it wasn't as shockign as the last 4, but it was just as damn good.

6. John Mason

John Mason Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

7. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Another great episode. I wonder where Brody's loyalties will be by the end of the season? He seems confused at the moment.. I wonder if he will be playing both sides for awhile.

Is anyone else wondering what the deal is with
    the vehicular manslaughter sub-plot? I'm not seeing how that's going to tie into the main plot.

8. bigdaddy

I agree, your spoiler was the weak part of the episode, hell maybe the weak point of the show. I was thinking maybe the VP's son will be the target, this is why he's around, but that spoiler is just weird. And they zoomed in on that scene and I thought that was interesting.

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Seemed to just be a way to give the daughter a meatier storyline to me.

10. bigdaddy

There is so much going on in the story we really don't need the daughter to do much of anything. :lol:

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know about you, but I am just soooo excited about the prospects for Dana Bau...errr... Brody subplots:

[​IMG]

12. jbohn

jbohn Commander Red Shirt

Wow, I nearly ruined my shorts near the end of this week's episode!

13. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, but remember that Brody's daughter was instrumental to how season one played out. Her attempts to reconnect with the father she never really knew and then finally prompted by Carrie to make that phonecall... it tied together.

Even if what Dana is currently doing is not important in the obvious plot sense of NOW DANA'S BOYFRIEND IS WORKING FOR HEZBOLLAH, what goes on in Brody's family can directly impact what's going on elsewhere.

Frankly the whole Brody = Jessica = Mike situation is potentially explosive. Mike knowing that Brody is unreliable, but unable to sell Jessica on it... all she'd need to know is proof that Brody is seeing Carrie again to no longer trust him, which could lead to Mike, which could lead to anything.

The emotional well-being of DC residents can change the total death count in the end. I'm not saying it's all connected, but on the other hand, is the series paying attention to what Brody's son is doing? He's a regular Bobby Draper over there. So yeah, an eye on Dana.

14. Brandonv

15. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

That skit has almost ruined the show for me. It honestly never clicked just how nuts Carrie comes across sometimes, or how Saul is always supporting her. "She has only disappointed me every time I've trusted her. Give me one reason not to trust her again." XD

16. bigdaddy

That's the only quote I liked, it was rather bad besides that and Brody's daughter.

SNL can't wreck the great show.

17. bigdaddy

I love this show!

Another amazing episode, I'm not sure what I'll do in three weeks when the season finale airs. Maybe cry until next fall. :lol:

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any one watch Totally Biased? It's the Daily Show with a big black guy. Reasonably funny. They had a short skit after the hurricane that kicked America's ass last month where the host gets really solemn and talks to the camera like he's asking for money towards cancer research.

"I just want to apologise for all the white people out there you're going to bump into tomorrow. A lot of them had no have power tonight and missed Homeland. I don't personally get it, but white people really like Homeland and go apeshit whenever someone tries to get inbetween them and a new episode, so tomorrow just be extra careful around white people becuase they're going to be really grumpy and irriatable."

19. Brandonv

What surprised me the most in the newest episode, is that we learned that Estes actually plans
    to have Brody killed once Nazir is eliminated. I wonder if its because Brody knows about Estes and the Vice Presidents involvement the drone attack that they tried to cover up?

20. st.barthgirl

st.barthgirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

This latest is the kind of episode that makes me wish i had enough self discipline to wait til the finale and watch them all at once. Zizzly!